The Student Room Group

What life advice do you live by?

I'm 24 and I just always think about when I'm going to start my life. By that I mean buy my first house and make it mine, have my own family, I feel like that's when life starts and for now I'm figuring everything out.

I don't wish time away but I am excited for that time in my life...just when I have a husband and house mainly or a long term partner, which I don't have now.

Am I living my life wrong!?
As long as you are working towards your goals then of course you are living it right?
Be kind to others and they will be kind to you.
'Treat others how you wished you were treated.'

I used to be really shy and quite socially inept but now that I've grown into being more outgoing etc, whenever I see shy people struggling to be social, I'll go out my way to introduce myself and invite them to join me/my group of friends. :smile:

Wished someone had done that for me rather than having to really actively try to get more social or drowned.
Original post by CTLeafez
'Treat others how you wished you were treated.'

I used to be really shy and quite socially inept but now that I've grown into being more outgoing etc, whenever I see shy people struggling to be social, I'll go out my way to introduce myself and invite them to join me/my group of friends. :smile:

Wished someone had done that for me rather than having to really actively try to get more social or drowned.

I think that is very good advice for all of us.
Rely on myself only and never be let down.
I compare myself less to others who are "better" than me after deeping the fact that I'm still more fortunate than like 90% of the human population.
"Expect the worst.
Hope for the best."
(edited 3 years ago)
Never forget what you are, the rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor and it can never be used to hurt you.
Original post by jaz_x001
Never forget what you are, the rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor and it can never be used to hurt you.

Wise words. Wise words👍🏻
- Work hard
- Always look for ways to improve
- Be kind
Original post by Sameera2020
Wise words. Wise words👍🏻

Well Tyrion Lannister is a wise man :h: Helps me remember that our 'flaws' don't define us and that they are what makes us unique
Most of you might not approve of this, but at the age of 52, and having worked all over the world and experienced many amazing things, at my time of life I always say to myself, " As long as my son's alright, i'm alright". ( He's 23).
As long as you are alive, there's always time to fix and improve your life no matter how bad it gets.
Reply 14
"Everything happens for a reason. People change so you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."
It makes things much easier when you realize that things wont always go right, but a lot of the time it will make the future easier and you can avoid mistakes to come.
“Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never ever have enough.” - Oprah
I am sometimes having my weird days when I think my life will begin when I find a man, get a job and get my dream car/house. I sometimes feel like that is what I need to become complete. Then I realize my life already started 22 years ago and completeness doesn’t come from having any of that, it comes only from within. Waiting for tomorrow or for something you wish for to happen is just wasting your present time. Better to focus on this moment right now, learning to love the life exactly how it is today, and being open to future possibilities and opportunities is something I remind myself on a daily.
'Be nice but take no sh*t'

'For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending