VASSETO1908
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey guys, I found a very nice apartment 5 min walk to the university (Sackville str.), but now I read some articles that Somers Town is a very dangerous place, no matter that it is close to the uni.
Can someone help here, which neighbourhoods are ok and which are not?
Last edited by VASSETO1908; 1 year ago
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by VASSETO1908)
Hey guys, I found a very nice apartment 5 min walk to the university (Sackville str.), but now I read some articles that Somers Town is a very dangerous place, no matter that it is close to the uni.
Can someone help here, which neighbourhoods are ok and which are not?
Hey,

I cant say for sure if Somers Town is safe or not because even in the safest places depending on one's experience they can find danger. Alot of people do say that it appears to be a dodgy place. I lived in Somers Town (Radnor Street) and it was alright. The area is fairly close to alot of the University buildings compared to Southsea and even the town center with alot of student houses. Its mainly alot of housing flats, council houses and terraced houses depending on the street. Student houses in Somers Town are normally in the Terraced house areas of Somers Town but a few are in the housing flats. From my experience Somers Town is a quiet place for most of the day but around after school hours there is alot of children and parents walking around back home from school.
The area can seem and look scary because compared to all other residential areas in Portsmouth there is alot of flat in Somers Town so the street look dark and there has been a some crime cases in the areas but alot of students still live in the area and have lived so if you find a place take it into consideration and just be careful.
If you feel unsure other neighbourhoods in Portsmouth that near the University are Southsea, Fratton and Eastney.

Hope this helps.
Doreen-maria- Official Student Rep 😀
Last edited by University of Portsmouth Student Rep; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (119)
27.11%
England (156)
35.54%
Belgium (33)
7.52%
Germany (43)
9.79%
Spain (10)
2.28%