Do you remember the last convo you had with a specific person?

Watch
lilpeach
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
wondering how the brain and memory works, lets say you haven't seen someone in 2 years, would you remember the conversation you had with them?
NA_03
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
We only remember the things that we want to remember. Otherwise we would have just forgotten them.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I would. Remembering things is my curse
username3895014
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
No, tbh
username5027880
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I certainly would.
I have a very good memory.
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by NA_03)
We only remember the things that we want to remember. Otherwise we would have just forgotten them.
what? no.

1) we remember negative things for sure. How do you explain constant flashbacks and nightmares from those who faced trauma? How would you explain those with constant depression? They wouldn't just walk around with no concrete memory because everything is negative...
2) we can remember tiny details of nothing in particular. forgetting something is a bit more complicated than my nans saying 'if you can't remember it, it wasn't important'
3) memory recall (and to answer the OP) is a funny thing. Often we remember things in a way that wasn't logically possible. Some interesting stuff on recall and 9/11 if you or anyone else want to learn a bit more
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (121)
28.27%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.32%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.63%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.35%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.44%

Watched Threads