The Student Room Group

getting rid of Body odur

I was depressed for a few years and stopped washing. I was over eating and was wearing size 16 clothes to a size 18. I recently got myself out of depression. I wasn't diagnosed with depression though. I'm currently down to a size 14 I applied for the British army and I've got through. How long would it take to get down from a size 14 to a healthy size. Also, How long would it take to get rid of BO? I have been washing an awful lot but still smell. I did wash on and of when i was depressed. Any advice would be greatful
Well first off congratulations on turning your life around and losing weight and getting into the army.
Try using a nice deodorant for a period of time, and see how you get on.
Good luck for the future. Xx
Original post by Anonymous
I was depressed for a few years and stopped washing. I was over eating and was wearing size 16 clothes to a size 18. I recently got myself out of depression. I wasn't diagnosed with depression though. I'm currently down to a size 14 I applied for the British army and I've got through. How long would it take to get down from a size 14 to a healthy size. Also, How long would it take to get rid of BO? I have been washing an awful lot but still smell. I did wash on and of when i was depressed. Any advice would be greatful

Spray a lot of cheap fragrances. Joop is a good brand.
Washing daily and using deodorant should be more than enough to stop you from smelling. If this doesn't work, perhaps you sweat more than normal. There are medical conditions that can cause this, which your GP will be able to help with. You can buy extra strength deodorant, or even get botox under your arms if your condition requires it.

On the whole though, clean clothes daily (perhaps jeans for a day or two, but certainly no more than this, and clean tops and underwear daily) shower/quick wash in the morning and before you go to bed, and absolutely deodorant before you get dressed. Also make sure you let it dry properly before you put your clothes on.

Quick Reply

Latest