The Student Room Group

Whats the better degree?

I am really confused on what to choose as degree when i go to a uni. I am confused between business management or economics with maths.
Could someone help me determine which one is better and maybe also what will i do in these courses.
All replied appreciated
Original post by Maths neev
I am really confused on what to choose as degree when i go to a uni. I am confused between business management or economics with maths.
Could someone help me determine which one is better and maybe also what will i do in these courses.
All replied appreciated

Find a career that interests you.

Have a look at the courses and course structure as offered by target unis. That gives you an idea of what and how you will study.

What will your grades be?

I would say if you have the ability to get into a good uni, then you are better off with economics for career prospects.
Reply 2
So like
Original post by 999tigger
Find a career that interests you.

Have a look at the courses and course structure as offered by target unis. That gives you an idea of what and how you will study.

What will your grades be?

I would say if you have the ability to get into a good uni, then you are better off with economics for career prospects.

So if i am going to Loughborough for eg would it be if i chose management instead ?
So like

So if i am going to Loughborough for eg would it be if i chose management instead ?

You should contact Loughborough, ask a student rep and find out what happens to grads as they normally save data. Also check the societies and see if theres a business or management one where you can connect with people on the course. Not sure it has enough gravitas to get you into top jobs, but no doubt the student reps will give you the low down.

Ps sorry neev I normally look all this up for people, but have explained what to do. If you are good at economics and have a good grade, then it will open more doors than a management degree imo. Econ grads tend to do better in £, although that might be influenced by all the elite school grads going into IB.
(edited 3 years ago)
All replied appreciated

Hi @Maths neev,

Im Millie, a final year Business Management with Marketing student. Although I never considered economics (as it didn't interest me) I did consider multiple variations of business degrees before deterimining the one that I am undertaking. I would definitely suggest looking at the modules which you will do throughout the degree (as it is a big commitment so it's very important to select something which interests you). The modules themselves may vary between universities but Business Management offered me an insight into areas including International & European trade, Business strategy, Business law & Ethics, and Change management. These may differ between universities though so I would recommend checking with each one you're interested in applying to. I would also consider what other opportunities are offered on these courses and whether they differ between themselves (this could be international study, placement year or partner connections).

Best of luck in your search.

Millie :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending