If I have my QTS what TA level would I start at?

Watch this thread
ralf12
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am due my QTS in June, however with the current situation I may not be able to get a teaching vacancy. I want to look at my options such as temp work or TA. On TA vacancies I have seen that there is level 1-3 TA's, so what would I be identified as with a QTS if I became a TA?
Studentlife04
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
QTS is a teacher so id have thought level 3 for a ta
bwilliams
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
We have appointed QTS staff as HLTA's in the past. HLTA is typically Level 4. However, if the vacancy is a TA vacancy you won't be placed on HLTA salary. This will only be for HLTA specific vacancies. Primary schools typically only have one or two HLTAs.

Otherwise, you should look into supply teaching agencies in your area. As someone who hasn't completed their NQT, you could expect to earn between £100-£120 a day depending on the area you are doing supply in.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
34.5%
The paper was reasonable (68)
39.77%
Not feeling great about that exam... (28)
16.37%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.36%

Watched Threads