thaleiaslife
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I am unsure on which options i should pick because i want to go to the University of Birmingham and I don't know what GCSE options I should pick. Can someone reply with all the options or what I should go for thanks
Lkathryn08
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
It depends what you want to do beyond GCSEs. If you want to do a degree in history then, taking a history GCSE would be useful. But outside of that it really doesn’t matter too much as long as you try and take courses that you want to pursue post GCSEs.

Universities and jobs will look at your a-levels and degree far more than GCSEs. Like for me, I don’t even list what my GCSEs are even in now (aside from English and maths) because it doesn’t matter as much. Just pick what you are interested in and what you think you can get the best grade in because that will be more important in the long run.
ohnojay
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Do you know what you want to do when you're older? If you do you could base your GCSE choices over the A-levels you would need for the degree you need. If you don't, maybe choose a humanities or language as they could be beneficial in most fields. But tbh, as a poster has already said, pick some that you enjoy and think you could get a high grade in.
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
take subjects you're interested in, your a level subjects and grades are more important.
neko no basu
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
What's important is the GCSE grade you get, not the subject you choose.

Unless you want to do, let's say a geography degree in which case you're going to need that GCSE geography to do A Level geography to do a geography degree.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (142)
62.28%
I don't have everything I need (86)
37.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed