Alevel English Language Investigation Coursework.

Watch this thread
megstone2003
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for what I could do for my investigation coursework as I am struggling to come up with ideas.

Thank you so much.
krizmizzle
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
hi!! sorry if this is late lmao
uhh the influence of internet language on particular groups maybe?
like certain ages, genders, ethnicity, nationalities?
and how it differs among them I guess
sorry if that sounds too basic I'm kinda struggling myself ^^;
rsmithson00
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
hey there! just thought i'd try to help a bit! Consider the areas of social and other language you've been learning about, and try to think of the most interesting aspects of it. For example:

Class differences in social speech to me makes me think of Labov's fourth floor study. Whilst you can't do that, what questions does it leave you with? what else would you like to know?

I'd recommend reading around the subject to learn more. Type in 'language' into news sites like The Guardian etc. and you'll get some interesting debates. Twitter is also really good for this kind of thing, and check out englangblog run by Dan Clayton for more info on the NEA.

Hope this helps
megstone2003
Rep:
Hiya thank you so much for your reply. Don't worry it's not late aha, I love that idea I think I might use the influence of internet language on gender it is a really good suggestion.
I hate this part of the A-level, I've been struggling for weeks on this topic. I prefer the creative writing coursework.
I'm sorry that you are struggling also but I have a suggestion if you have done accent and dialect you could do an investigation to see if some accents and dialects are viewed more favourably than others.
I'm sorry if that suggestion is boring.
megstone2003
Rep:
Hi thank you so much for replying!!
Thank you so much for the suggestion I think I will do some more further reading and use the news articles to help with me my investigation into gender differences presented in the media.

Thank you so much for the advice!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (143)
40.28%
They're exactly what I expected (87)