Vet Med application mentoring sessions

Watch this thread
emilyb2804
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone,

I am a second year vet student at Nottingham about to have a very long jobless summer with all my placements cancelled

I've decided to start tutoring/mentoring over the summer to earn a bit of money and help a few people out! I remember when I applied to vet school my college weren't very good at helping me with my application and my family didn't really know anything either so I was left to my own devices to sort everything out, prepare for my interview etc. There seemed to be a lot of support out there for medics but less for vets.

Because of this, I would like to offer 'How to get into vet school' mentoring sessions over zoom/skype or over email/messenger etc where I will go through
- How to write a really good personal statement, happy to read through yours and help you with it
- What work experience you need
- What to expect at interview (I am not allowed to give specific details out but can point you in the right direction), I will provide you with loads of good things you could research and talk about
- Mock interviews to prepare you for the real thing
- Advice on how to study well for your A levels
- General info about what to expect at vet school etc
I have helped run interviews at Notts and attended them at a few others so obviously I don't have all the answers but I reckon there are a few people that I can help. Vet school is SO competitive to get into and it doesn't seem fair to me that some people will be having loads of support from their sixth forms/families and others are left without guidance at all!

I'm asking for a super small fee for this purely because I am a student trying to make ends meet too. I know there is advice online but I want this to be really personal to try and help you out as much as possible. Feel free to PM me for more details
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Sociology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (19)
25%
The paper was reasonable (33)
43.42%
Not feeling great about that exam... (17)
22.37%
It was TERRIBLE (7)
9.21%

Watched Threads