St.Andrews vs Durham for psychologyWatch this thread
- I thought the St Andrews town was nicer than Durham.
- I really like the course flexibility at St Andrews. I have been able to choose modules from different departments that interest me.
- I don't know much about Durham's collegiate system, but there's certainly many traditions at St Andrews that may give a similar feel (such as academic families).
- If by location, you mean Durham's less isolated location, that's obviously true. However St Andrews is a short train journey to Edinburgh, from which you can get to many cities in the UK (and Europe from Edinburgh airport).
In the end I chose between my offers based on:
- The course syllabus - which was better, most rigorous, and interested me the most.
- Which place did I feel I would fit in best and like the most (you kind of have to just go off your instincts).
- Where it ranked in the UK league tables?