Creative writing

Watch this thread
anonymous12324
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi!

Anyone know how to write a chronicle? What the structure is etc?

Any help would be appreciated!
13Charlotte2001
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
I'm no expert but isn't this where you have to write events chronologically and objectively? So it would basically just be a relation of events, being specific but not analytical. Sorry I can't be more specific- I don't know what your chronicle's on :/
Hope this is in any way helpful?
anonymous12324
Rep:
(Original post by 13Charlotte2001)
I'm no expert but isn't this where you have to write events chronologically and objectively? So it would basically just be a relation of events, being specific but not analytical. Sorry I can't be more specific- I don't know what your chronicle's on :/
Hope this is in any way helpful?
Hey! so for my chronicle I have to imagine that I am a journalist who has attended the concert of my favorite artist, so I basically need to write a journalistic chronicle...I just don't know what to actually talk about?

I have only ever been to 1 concert which was many years ago! so I don't really know what to write about?
13Charlotte2001
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by anonymous12324)
Hey! so for my chronicle I have to imagine that I am a journalist who has attended the concert of my favorite artist, so I basically need to write a journalistic chronicle...I just don't know what to actually talk about?

I have only ever been to 1 concert which was many years ago! so I don't really know what to write about?
Ah so I'm similarly inexperienced on the concerts front, but maybe if you want to get more of a gist of what they're like, lots of people take videos and I'm pretty sure Netflix has some recordings. You could also look up the setlist of your favourite artist which will tell you the chronology to the songs.
But to write a chronicle of the concert, you'd have to write about everything in the order it happened whilst keeping an objective view point. For example, steering clear of opinion adjectives (brilliant (unless talking about colour), great, amazing, etc) and sticking to factual ones (referring to colours, size, things that are objectively true). So you'd describe the colours on stage, the setting, what songs are played, the audience's reactions, and make sure not to speak about any emotions aroused by it. You'd begin with what the artist's opener and end with the final song or encore.
Hope this is a little more helpful?
anonymous12324
Rep:
(Original post by 13Charlotte2001)
Ah so I'm similarly inexperienced on the concerts front, but maybe if you want to get more of a gist of what they're like, lots of people take videos and I'm pretty sure Netflix has some recordings. You could also look up the setlist of your favourite artist which will tell you the chronology to the songs.
But to write a chronicle of the concert, you'd have to write about everything in the order it happened whilst keeping an objective view point. For example, steering clear of opinion adjectives (brilliant (unless talking about colour), great, amazing, etc) and sticking to factual ones (referring to colours, size, things that are objectively true). So you'd describe the colours on stage, the setting, what songs are played, the audience's reactions, and make sure not to speak about any emotions aroused by it. You'd begin with what the artist's opener and end with the final song or encore.
Hope this is a little more helpful?
Thanks 13Charlotte2001!
Would I need to describe what happens backstage? - Considering I'm supposed to be imagining I'm a journalist?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did the exam go for you?

Great! (3)
8.11%
Quite well (19)
51.35%
Not so good (11)
29.73%
Terrible! (4)
10.81%

Watched Threads