Reply 2
sancho is terribly over-rated and tierny is the best LB in the world
football is trash
@AM_TSR Areola is underrated
Original post by lawcalling
@AM_TSR Areola is underrated

Yesssss

Spoiler

Because the 1990 world cup was so boring they introduced the back-pass rule so goalkeepers coudn't keep picking the ball up, but i think they need to make a proper back-pass rule so defenders can't kick it back and forth with eachother for 10 minutes
International football is rubbish and should be scrapped.

There is no magic of the FA Cup.
And now here is mine: football is not a sport for people and true fans anylonger, it is pure entertainment with the main focus on a show! It sucks! senseless competitions (Nations league, FIFA club World Cup...), unnecessary extensions of teams in competitions (EURO, World Cup...), rising and expensive ticket prices, entertainment programs before kick-off and during the half time just to name but a few. In short: football has lost the touch to the roots. And not even a virus like COVID-19 can stop this madness in professional football show! the show must go on at all costs!
Scholes is the most overated player of recent times. Good player but no more.
Original post by 2_versions
football is trash

The modern professional football is it in any case, but not the football in general.

Original post by Zerforax
International football is rubbish and should be scrapped.
(...)

Is it because of the same teams winning the Champions League or the decreasing quality of matches at EURO and World Cup as the number of teams got extended? any other reason?
Original post by Kallisto
The modern professional football is it in any case, but not the football in general.

Is it because of the same teams winning the Champions League or the decreasing quality of matches at EURO and World Cup as the number of teams got extended? any other reason?

- I'm not a very nationalistic person. Unfair that some countries have huge populations so they will always have an advantage over other countries.
- you sometimes have one star player of a nation (think Bales with Wales) but he'll never be able to do much with them so ends up playing a lot of football and burn out
- quality is poorer because national players don't get to train a lot together
- it's a lot of unnecessary travelling
- the tournaments are skewed to make the more popular countries progress which makes it pretty dull.
- would rather have more club football or more rest for players
Reply 12
Original post by Zerforax
- I'm not a very nationalistic person. Unfair that some countries have huge populations so they will always have an advantage over other countries.
- you sometimes have one star player of a nation (think Bales with Wales) but he'll never be able to do much with them so ends up playing a lot of football and burn out
- quality is poorer because national players don't get to train a lot together
- it's a lot of unnecessary travelling
- the tournaments are skewed to make the more popular countries progress which makes it pretty dull.
- would rather have more club football or more rest for players

It's unfair that the Czech leagues, the Ukranian Leagues et cetera have smaller populations yet teams get into European competitions and compete quite well. Especially Shaktar who we know have had quite good European travels in the past decade or so.

Are you not a fan of olympics or any other international competition then? Size and population will always be a factor, maybe it is inherently unfair but it is was creates great sport. You had Denamrk winning the Euros in the 90s, Greece did quite well at Euro 2012, Iceland have done well at major tournaments in the last few years. Underdogs always have a chance.

The UEFA Nations League has some what replaced the boring and meaningless international friendlies we have however, I welcome that.
auba>kane & salah
Barcelona is the best football club in the world.
Reply 15
Original post by blackmichael
auba>kane & salah

All different kinds of forwards so that is a bit silly to compare them.
Reply 16
Original post by Mustafa0605
Barcelona is the best football club in the world.

Best in terms of Footballing ability or in terms of image/reputation etc?
If it’s not the World Cup, it’s boring to watch
Reply 18
Original post by Tabbs.x
If it’s not the World Cup, it’s boring to watch

You clearly haven't watched the Champions League knockout stages this year and last. Some very good matches in there.
VAR is ****e

Quick Reply

Latest