Post your unpopular football opinions?

Watch
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by twinklelittlstar)
I don’t know whether this is viable, but: why not make football a government-owned company? That would allow for everyone to control the ticket prices and to cap salaries. Whilst footballers get paid thousands for kicking a ball around (which I know is important, but still), children (estimated 6.2 million in 2018) die all around the world, mainly due to preventable causes. If instead of letting all that money pool in the football industry we channeled it into helping those in need, the world would be a much better place, IMO.
FIFA rules don’t allow government interference in the game. If you salary cap the UK, then the better players all move abroad and the UK game becomes essentially worthless, reducing the income.

Football pays a huge amount of money in tax, which contributes towards looking after poor and impoverished people, so causing a reduction in salaries, will reduce the tax and therefore the money available to the government.

Again, a sport that is heavily weighted towards people from poor backgrounds, as well as a larger ethnic minority player base than almost any other sport, is told to get back in its place and stop generating wealth for disadvantaged people.

The top draw actors and F1 drivers are the ones who should be attacked far before footballers. Because they are generally middle class and white, they get left alone.
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Guru Jason)
That's because of the bias against him. He was a quiet I individual. If he had played instead of Gerrard or Lampard then dont doubt England would have done alot better in their internationals.
Ignore England and how do you explain the rest?

Even United fans, pre-retcon, weren’t rating him at the level they did post-retcon.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (65)
19.35%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (72)
21.43%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (62)
18.45%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (70)
20.83%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (34)
10.12%
I haven't started researching yet (33)
9.82%

Watched Threads