Aiya Al Ackam
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi
I moved to Uk For 7 months so I don’t have good knowledge about university in uk .
I live in Kent-Gravesend so I have search to close universities in Nutrition (I have studied two years nutrition in Jordan)
I found UCL and Greenwich and I applied to both then Greenwich give me an offer but UCL unsuccessful because they need more qualifications
Now which better from the following options:
1-accept my offer in Greenwich then I can study Master in UCL?
2-or take course A-Level in Northfleet college and apply again in 2021 for UCL ?

I really don’t know what I should do
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
3 A levels typically takes 2 years, you can do them in 1 - and go for it if you can since you'll save a lot of time - but its unusual

UCL is a much better university, Greenwich is not exactly bad
username4952880
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Aiya Al Ackam)
Hi
I moved to Uk For 7 months so I don’t have good knowledge about university in uk .
I live in Kent-Gravesend so I have search to close universities in Nutrition (I have studied two years nutrition in Jordan)
I found UCL and Greenwich and I applied to both then Greenwich give me an offer but UCL unsuccessful because they need more qualifications
2-or take course A-Level in Northfleet college and apply again in 2021 for UCL ?

UCL is higher in rankings and is a Russel Group University. I think you should take the course and apply again in 2021. That is my opinion of course, if you don't want to that then don't do it and go to Greenwich.

You can see the rankings from here: https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...ables/rankings

For some people rankings are important and for some others are not. For me rankings are important. If you think that rankings are important then take the course and apply again in 2021 if not then go to Greenwich. All the universities are good.
glassalice
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi

A-Levels aren't your only option. You could do a one year course known as access to HE, it's aimed at adult learners 19+, and as long as you study the correct modules it would satisfy UCL's entry requirements.

Just quickly flicking through UCL's course prospectus, human nutrition sounds fascinating.
Aiya Al Ackam
Rep:
?
(Original post by HoldThisL)
3 A levels typically takes 2 years, you can do them in 1 - and go for it if you can since you'll save a lot of time - but its unusual

UCL is a much better university, Greenwich is not exactly bad
Thank you for your reply
Do you know if It possible to study Master in UCL after Bachelor human nutrition in Greenwich
Many thanks
Aiya Al Ackam
Rep:
?
(Original post by glassalice)
A-Levels aren't your only option. You could do a one year course known as access to HE, it's aimed at adult learners 19+, and as long as you study the correct modules it would satisfy UCL's entry requirements.

Just quickly flicking through UCL's course prospectus, human nutrition sounds fascinating.
Thank you for your reply
Do you know if It possible to study Master in UCL after Bachelor human nutrition in Greenwich
Many thanks
Aiya Al Ackam
Rep:
?
(Original post by glassalice)

Thank you for your reply
Many thanks
username4952880
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Thank you for your reply
Many thanks
yes is possible. Just ask UCL what grades do they want you to have in your bachelor.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (505)
33.67%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (622)
41.47%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (305)
20.33%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed