Fatima Alsell
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello,I am a mature student.I live in the UK, but I am from Syria.So I need your advice because I don't have much information about the rules here.I was a pharmacy student in Syria,and I only completed one semester there.I want to study pharmacy here ,but I have faced many barriers here.I wanted to study access to science and then I discovered that this course does not lead to pharmacy,and noticed that universites prefer Scottish highers and A levels more than access courses.Can anybody tell me about any exam centres in Glasgow so that I can take the highers exams there ? Or can I study these subjects at college?which is better to study highers or access course?What subjects do I need for pharmacy?sorry for talking much.Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Fatima Alsell; 1 month ago
Respect.Global
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fatima Alsell)
Hello,I am a mature student.I live in the UK, but I am from Syria.So I need your advice because I don't have much information about the rules here.I was a pharmacy student in Syria,and I only completed one semester there.I want to study pharmacy here ,but I have faced many barriers here.I wanted to study access to science and then I discovered that this course does not lead to pharmacy,and noticed that universites prefer Scottish highers and A levels more than access courses.Can anybody tell me about any exam centres in Glasgow so that I can take the highers exams there ? Or can I study these subjects at college?which is better to study highers or access course?What subjects do I need for pharmacy?sorry for talking much.Thanks in advance.
I’d highly recommend you email admissions at Strathclyde and ask about admissions requirements to their pharmacy course. You might find more detailed help there, and maybe they’ll have experience of someone who’s been in your position. And yes you can do Highers at college. Glasgow Clyde runs a Highers programme for which you can sit Chemistry, Human Biology, Maths, English etc. Also have a look at SWAP Courses as there maybe a SWAP Access to Pharmacy for which your experience of being in a Pharmacy course in Syria should Definietly work in your favour.

Another shout would be to get a job in a pharmacy for some work experience. Pharmacy course admissions love this and it will definitely work in your favour.

Feel free to ask anything else. Good luck xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (24)
9.02%
Confident (32)
12.03%
Indifferent (46)
17.29%
Unsure (69)
25.94%
Worried (95)
35.71%

Watched Threads

Latest