Do you think a levels or any exams for 2021 should be cancelled?

Watch
bakeshenanigans
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Because of this lockdown , and school being closed . For my school specifically,the online classes aren't even helpful and we have so much of AS course to complete (we are in A2 rn) . So it makes me think that it would be good if exams cancel for 2021 , although that is troublesome as well but
dasda
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Year 13 here. Imo, it wouldn't be good to cancel the exams for 2021. Do you want your grades to be predicted by your teacher and then altered by some "fair" algorithm that takes into account your school's history.
bakeshenanigans
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by dasda)
Year 13 here. Imo, it wouldn't be good to cancel the exams for 2021. Do you want your grades to be predicted by your teacher and then altered by some "fair" algorithm that takes into account your school's history.
Thats a logical way to look at it . I would, however,like if the grade boundaries were set a little lower or the questions to be easier.
Turu2003
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If exams are cancelled our final grades won't be 'predicted' they would be calculated using smaller externally set assessments throughout the year and with new coursework assignments, so our final grades would still be reflective and hopefully not as messed up as 2020 level results.. I want exams to be cancelled because the lockdown teaching wasn't regulated over all schools, private schools got thorough taught online lessons where as other non-private schools got set pages and pages of textbook work to teach ourselves content and that's it. It seems unfair to have everyone sit the same exams when everyone hasn't been given the same quality preparation and teaching for the exam content.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (192)
58.01%
I don't have everything I need (139)
41.99%

Watched Threads