WJEC Eduqas Poetry Anthology. WTF DO I REVISE?

Watch
biology_nerd
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
So, I'm currently self-isolating which means I have to teach myself about the poetry anthology. My school's English department isn't helping and I don't know what to make notes on. Should I write just about themes and context? I have the CGP revision guide but that doesn't help. HELP
xxxqueen
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Omgosh basically there’s this guy on YouTube called dystopiajunkie. I’m not lying my grades went up in my poetry essays bc of him. I suggest taking notes from his videos after going through the cpg guide. Make sure u have a feel about the poem before watching his videos.

My advice generally would be to firstly annotate your poems then make essay guides on each one. If your in y10, I’ll leave it at that , but make sure u know ur guides properly. Then once we hopefully open sch again, write up essays then give them to ur teacher for making then improve until your satisfied.
Hyperbolit
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by biology_nerd)
So, I'm currently self-isolating which means I have to teach myself about the poetry anthology. My school's English department isn't helping and I don't know what to make notes on. Should I write just about themes and context? I have the CGP revision guide but that doesn't help. HELP
Hey there, what specific poems do you need to revise for? Usually, poetry analysis is largely about close reading stylistic / poetic devices, and understanding how they relate to the broader themes and messages.
biology_nerd
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Hyperbolit)
Hey there, what specific poems do you need to revise for? Usually, poetry analysis is largely about close reading stylistic / poetic devices, and understanding how they relate to the broader themes and messages.
Hi, we have to revise all the poems in the anthology https://www.wjec.co.uk/media/i4wm5qc...hology-pdf.pdf
Beckii-taylor132
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi, can you go onto YouTube and look at a guy called the Dystopian Junkie. He goes.over all the poems in the eduqas poetry anthology and looks at how you can compare the poems and the way themes are expressed. There is also a teacher called miss bird who has started to upload some fantastic videos on the war poems so far and models comparison paragraphs. Let me know how you get on.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (85)
14.24%
I'm not sure (27)
4.52%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (189)
31.66%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.01%
I'm not a current university student (284)
47.57%

Watched Threads