The Student Room Group

Durham vs Edinburgh

Hi all,
I'm thinking of taking either Combined Social Sciences at Durham or doing Politics and languages at Edinburgh. I have heard that Edinburgh can be a bit crazy in terms of nightlife and while I do want to go out I don't want to feel pressured into going out every night which I feel like I might to at Edinburgh. I really love the idea of collages at Durham but I would graduate after 4 years (year abroad) with a BA rather than an MA, like I would at Edinburgh, and I am looking work somewhere like the UN and it seems like you need an MA to qualify. Obviously in the current crisis I can't go visit the cities and particularly Durham has not been good with the online stuff 🙄 so can anyone help?
(edited 3 years ago)
I think the MA at Edinburgh is more honorary (like it is in a lot of Scottish universities) and not academic. Organizations like the UN require postgraduate MA qualifications, whereas in Scottish unis the MA refers to an undergraduate degree (https://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/undergraduate/student-life/academic/degree-structure/degree-names)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending