The Student Room Group

Student finance

Hi

I’ve applied to uni this year but I might drop out of the application process on results day and re-apply for a different uni next year. The student finance deadline is tomorrow and I’ve not completed my application. Before sending anything off I have 2 questions

1. If I apply for student finance now and decide to drop out of the UCAS application process later this year can I also cancel my student finance application properly? Or will it be too late or would I be charged any cancellation fees?

2. The website says that I can still apply for student finance 9 months after the deadline. Does this include maintenance loans or just tuition fees? Will I be at any disadvantage if I do not apply by tomorrow?

Thanks
Original post by 232CEC
Hi

I’ve applied to uni this year but I might drop out of the application process on results day and re-apply for a different uni next year. The student finance deadline is tomorrow and I’ve not completed my application. Before sending anything off I have 2 questions

1. If I apply for student finance now and decide to drop out of the UCAS application process later this year can I also cancel my student finance application properly? Or will it be too late or would I be charged any cancellation fees?

2. The website says that I can still apply for student finance 9 months after the deadline. Does this include maintenance loans or just tuition fees? Will I be at any disadvantage if I do not apply by tomorrow?

Thanks

1. Yes. You can cancel at any time Up to the date you’re due to be paid
2. If you apply late then there’s a risk that you will be paid late - if you apply in August then there’s a good chance that you could be waiting until after Christmas to receive any funding. If you can fund your rent and living costs out of your own pocket for a term then don’t rush to apply. If you can’t then get your application in asap. The deadline was the 22 May - 2 days ago. So you’re already applying late. The later you apply the bigger the risk of a late payment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending