The Student Room Group

I am so ashamed of myself...how to stop feeling this way

Basically ever since I was younger I have always been extremely insecure about my appearance and my personality and to be honest everything to do with myself. I cannot look back at pictures of myself as I am so ugly and I truly mean that. I had improved somewhat these past years from learning how to do my makeup and clothes to suit me but my appearance is still a top source of shame for me and prevents me from making friends and having relationships. I have cut off all contact with people I used to know as I am embarrassed of how exposed I used to be and still am. I idealise myself and life because I hate who I really am. Last September I started university and really struggled to make friends. Then I had a crush on my roommate and kept my distance from him because I knew that he would never like me back if I got to know him. I am scared that I’m going to be like this for the rest of my life as I realise I truly hate myself and cannot accept being ugly. Please help
Reply 1
I know this is a pretty common response but have you spoken to anyone about how you feel? Whether it is close family, friends or even anonymously online? I'm sorry you feel how you feel. Honestly, there's not always a lot you can do if you don't like your appearance, you just have to learn to like it. If you like him, then go for it because if it doesn't turn out how you want you may be back at the same point but if you don't even try, you're still there. Maybe try stepping out of your comfort zone sometimes.
I really think that you are the only one who thinks that you are ugly. Nobody is ugly; in fact everyone is a definition of beauty so embrace yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending