ignRyann
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey, I’ve currently received an offer from UCL for Computer Science Bsc. I was wondering what would you lot choose out of these 2 options:

- Transfer to Mathematical Computation Meng ( 4 Year course ) at UCL
- Stay on CompSci Bsc ( 3 Years ) at UCL and do Advanced CompSci MPhil ( 1 year ) at Cambridge

Obviously this will only be possible if I’m allowed to switch courses to Mathematical Computation for the first option and that I get a first class to do MPhil at Cambridge
Buttmuffin
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ignRyann)
Hey, I’ve currently received an offer from UCL for Computer Science Bsc. I was wondering what would you lot choose out of these 2 options:

- Transfer to Mathematical Computation Meng ( 4 Year course ) at UCL
- Stay on CompSci Bsc ( 3 Years ) at UCL and do Advanced CompSci MPhil ( 1 year ) at Cambridge

Obviously this will only be possible if I’m allowed to switch courses to Mathematical Computation for the first option and that I get a first class to do MPhil at Cambridge
"- Stay on CompSci Bsc ( 3 Years ) at UCL and do Advanced CompSci MPhil ( 1 year ) at Cambridge"
This is obviously the better option.
But there's more risk in pursuing this path - i.e. you don't receive an offer for the MPhil.
ignRyann
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Buttmuffin)
"- Stay on CompSci Bsc ( 3 Years ) at UCL and do Advanced CompSci MPhil ( 1 year ) at Cambridge"
This is obviously the better option.
But there's more risk in pursuing this path - i.e. you don't receive an offer for the MPhil.
Is it that much better? I would want to see if employers value them the same or not and there is a risk I don’t receive the offer however I believe there are no entrance exams and it depends on whether you get a First Class or not. However I would probably still apply to UCL Computer Science Master’s as well as other universities.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.51%
No (253)
72.49%

Watched Threads