The Student Room Group

are you gonna buy the new playstation or xbox?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chemastronomical
Yes.

Wasted my time clicking to see this reply.
Original post by ozzyoscy
Games (rather, exclusives) are / should be the only deciding factors, but do consoles even have exclusives any more? Consoles don't even have the plug-and-play aspect any more.

For the same price you could build (or have built for you) a PC that'll last longer, look better and play smoother generally, with free online multiplayer. Usually "build a PC" is an obnoxious remark, now it seems appropriate.

It's not as much of a common thing now, you see exclusives getting re-released on other platforms after a while presumably after the contract expires. This was particularly the case with Wii U exclusives, a good number of which (ZombiU, Wonderful 101, etc.) are now being re-released on other platforms as "remastered" or whatever, but that's probably because the console was a disaster. Even Halo is no longer an Xbox exclusive with all previous (apart from halo 5 oddly) and current instalments released on PC.
(edited 3 years ago)
Currently have an Xbox and looking to get the PS5. Looks amazing.
Wasted my time clicking to see this reply.

I wasted my time reading your initial reply too, PS does have and will continue to have exclusives.
Original post by _gcx
It's not as much of a common thing now, you see exclusives getting re-released on other platforms after a while presumably after the contract expires. This was particularly the case with Wii U exclusives, a good number of which (ZombiU, Wonderful 101, etc.) are now being re-released on other platforms as "remastered" or whatever, but that's probably because the console was a disaster. Even Halo is no longer an Xbox exclusive with all previous (apart from halo 5 oddly) and current instalments released on PC.

Exactly. Metal Gear, Gears of War, Yakuza were classic PS / Xbox exclusives and even they went to PC and elsewhere. Unimaginable! Exclusives now are an even smaller handful - whatever Naughty Dog releases every few years and... well I can't think of anything else.

I wasted my time reading your initial reply too, PS does have and will continue to have exclusives.

Wow, REALLY? Who woulda thought? You win 100 internet points for stating the obvious and taking things literally to make yourself feel better. Well done. Now stop wasting my time already, I've no interest.
(edited 3 years ago)

Wow, REALLY? Who woulda thought? You win 100 internet points for stating the obvious and taking things literally to make yourself feel better. Well done. Now stop wasting my time already, I've no interest.

You asked if consoles had exclusives, I simply answered that they do. If anyone’s getting agitated it’s you. Have a good regardless :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
I want to buy a PS5 hoping uncharted multiplayer will make an entry. If that's unlikely i don't see either a worthy purchase
You asked if consoles had exclusives, I simply answered that they do. If anyone’s getting agitated it’s you. Have a good regardless :smile:

Yet you're the one spending 6 minutes editing a comeback.

I already gave you 100 internet points, chill. Just tell yourself you didn't do anything stupid and the other guy's mad and you'll survive this traumatic event.
Yet you're the one spending 6 minutes editing a comeback.

I already gave you 100 internet points, chill. Just tell yourself you didn't do anything stupid and the other guy's mad and you'll survive this traumatic event.

Lol dude calm down, I merely answered your question and you replied aggressively. I edited to say have a good day to de-escalate this.
Lol dude calm down, I merely answered your question and you replied aggressively. I edited to say have a good day to de-escalate this.

You edit replies for 6 minutes, constantly say out loud what 'happened' and tell yourself I'm mad, and I'm the mad one?... Calm down.
Reply 30
PC always.
I like getting mods and having more power.
(edited 3 years ago)
You edit replies for 6 minutes, constantly say out loud what 'happened' and tell yourself I'm mad, and I'm the mad one?... Calm down.

6 minutes? Ok dude this obviously isn’t going anywhere, have a good day.
6 minutes? Ok dude this obviously isn’t going anywhere, have a good day.

Ugh if you're going to constantly reply to me, at least try one that isn't point scoring or posturing.

Why are you making such a big deal out of your screw up? If you'd accepted it or even ignored it, it'd be long gone, but you string it out trying to get the last word...
Ugh if you're going to constantly reply to me, at least try one that isn't point scoring or posturing.

Why are you making such a big deal out of your screw up? If you'd accepted it or even ignored it, it'd be long gone, but you string it out trying to get the last word...

Because I didn't screw up? But sure if it makes you feel better I apologise.
Original post by steamed-hams
tell us

Neither the playstation nor the xBox, but if I have to decide between these two, I tend to xBox, I think.

If it can be something else, it is a PC.
Reply 35
already have both...
but if i had to, playstation
Ps > xbox
PS5, new PC later on as well.
Games (rather, exclusives) are / should be the only deciding factors, but do consoles even have exclusives any more? Consoles don't even have the plug-and-play aspect any more.

For the same price you could build (or have built for you) a PC that'll last longer, look better and play smoother generally, with free online multiplayer. Usually "build a PC" is an obnoxious remark, now it seems appropriate.

TBH that's what I really hate, all the things that I loved consoles for they've done away with. I'm sick of their load times and sick of being pestered for updates and user agreements everytime i turn it on.

In contrast, I already liked PC gaming but Steam was a game changer, streamlined so much of the previously footery install/driver process and made it far more approachable.

I avoided the PS4 and I imagine i'll avoid the PS5, I got a Switch when they came out and really enjoyed Zelda and Doom, but it's largely gathered dust since.
I'm going to buy an eggbox. Anyone else?

Quick Reply

Latest