RBPeake
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello,

I'm a mature student with a humanities background looking to retrain into Environmental Science. I'm hoping someone can help me out with choosing whether to go with an undergraduate degree in Environmental Science, or another related course. I desperately want to be in a profession that is fighting the battle against climate change, that's really my core motivation. Do I absolutely need a science A level for an undergrad course in Environmental Science?

Thanks.
Keele University
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by RBPeake)
Hello,

I'm a mature student with a humanities background looking to retrain into Environmental Science. I'm hoping someone can help me out with choosing whether to go with an undergraduate degree in Environmental Science, or another related course. I desperately want to be in a profession that is fighting the battle against climate change, that's really my core motivation. Do I absolutely need a science A level for an undergrad course in Environmental Science?

Thanks.
Hi there RBPeake,

Here at Keele we offer an Evironmental Science BSc in which there is no prerequisite for a science A-level. I assume this is the case for some other universities too, so it is worth having a look around at individual course pages to find out Here's a link to our course page on Environmental Science if you would like to have a look!

Good luck with your search, and feel free to ask me any questions you might have.

^Rose
Forensicpsycarly
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Have you considered The Open University, they offer a BSc Environmental Science and have no entry requirements. Study from home in your own time, they provide all your materials.
Deejohns
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hey 🙋🏼*♀️ in the same boat. Def want to retrain in something that is going to make a difference. I’m looking at environmental Science and Environmental Studies. I’m just unsure as to what sort of job role that can take me to!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
15.62%
The paper was reasonable (193)
48.61%
Not feeling great about that exam... (100)
25.19%
It was TERRIBLE (42)
10.58%

Watched Threads