The Student Room Group

Does anyone else experience this with dating?

I feel like men don’t like me and I’m simply unlucky. I’m 25 and never had a real relationship. All the guys that I don’t find physically attractive go after me. This applies in real life and online. I always hear about women being approached by their current partners and the men are typically good looking. I’m told I’m pretty, when a man generally makes the first move with me online, it doesn’t usually go well but it at least leads to a potential date. I don’t make the first move to approach men. When I message them on the apps, they take forever to respond or never respond period. I figured making a move would increase my chances but guess not. All the men that like me I don’t like back and the ones I want usually don’t make it known to me. Am I being too picky?
nothing is wrong with being picky. But maybe you just haven’t find the right one yet. Maybe give those guys a chance or hear them out. Looks is not everything y’know but i understand, looks does matter to an extent.....
Original post by Anonymous
I feel like men don’t like me and I’m simply unlucky. I’m 25 and never had a real relationship. All the guys that I don’t find physically attractive go after me. This applies in real life and online. I always hear about women being approached by their current partners and the men are typically good looking. I’m told I’m pretty, when a man generally makes the first move with me online, it doesn’t usually go well but it at least leads to a potential date. I don’t make the first move to approach men. When I message them on the apps, they take forever to respond or never respond period. I figured making a move would increase my chances but guess not. All the men that like me I don’t like back and the ones I want usually don’t make it known to me. Am I being too picky?

hit my Dms
Reply 3
Dating can involve an element of compromise between what you ideally want and what you can get.
Reply 4
Don't do online dating. It's a waste of time. Attraction just doesn't happen over a screen. See a guy when you're out and about and if you fancy him look him in the eyes and give him a smile then look away. If he is into you he will approach. Assuming he isn't afraid. You don't wanna bother with guys who are afraid to approach. All of my friends do the online thing and are always single vs me who never does it and relies on meeting girls in real life. I see a girl I'm attracted to I just go after her. I'm almost never single.
No. Just sounds to me you haven't found Mr right yet.
Be patient he is out there somewhere.
Reply 6
Yes, you are definitely being too picky. If you aren’t getting anywhere with online dating, you need to lower your standards a little bit and give guys you aren’t 100% attracted to a chance to talk to you. I’m a guy and I’m not the best looking so I only seem to get replies from women I wouldn’t consider my type in looks nor personality. If I kept my standards as high as yours, I wouldn’t get any matches or replies. At least this way you can get something out of the app you’re using instead of being blanked.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending