Review on Bellerbys College (student’s life, teaching quality,etc)

Watch
valentine142
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello everyone,
I’m an international student who has received an offer from Bellerbys College to study Art and Design Foundation course in Brighton for the upcoming Autumn intake.
However, due to the COVID-19 situation, I’m unable to make my study offline in the first term. I wonder whether I should study online from September and then study on-campus from January (if the virus is under control) or defer my place to Spring intake (which means I will start in January instead of September). Since I haven’t paid my tuition, I also consider if I should apply for a foundation course from other universities instead of international colleges like Bellerbys (I’m just 17 which means I still have one extra year for preparation).
I’ve heard some bad reviews about this college, which is why I’m a bit skeptical about my decision. Can anyone help me to decide? Has anyone had any experience studying there, esp Art and Design foundation?
Thank you in advance.
Last edited by valentine142; 1 year ago
whyjasmine
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there, I'm currently an A-level student at Bellerbys Brighton. I do Photography there and I would say that the Art foundation is quite popular. It more common for Art students here to take the foundation programme as compared to A-levels. I think that going to foundation at uni will limit your choices, because you will only be able to apply to their art courses, it's not necessarily a bad thing if you are sure of where you want to go. As for whether to start in the autumn or spring, it really depends on you and the amount of stress you can take. One year of Art foundation is already short, by starting in Jan your timetable will be more crammed, you probably will have less free time as compared to those who started in Sep. If you have a background in Art, starting in Jan shouldn't be too much of a struggle, you can better use your time to work on your own portfolio before school starts as well. Hope this helps
chickenandfries
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I went to bellerbys brighton in 2019 and drop out in 2020 a few months before my A level exams. The college is horrible, please look for other options before really applying with bellerbys. Its cost so much just for a 9 mths programme, it cost even more than attending university itself. Little support for everything.
123kit
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I will definitely not recommend going to Bellerbys College to study. It’s the worst place you could go. High tutoring fees but *****y quality teaching. I suggest you go out a look for other Universities to do foundation
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (367)
84.17%
No (69)
15.83%

Watched Threads