The Student Room Group

How to get over ex?

She's literally the best thing that's happened to me and not only have I lost my girlfriend but my best friend. It doesn't feel real that we're not together and it hurts so much that she's moved on so quickly and has made new friends and has achieved other stuff in such a short time.

I'm happy that she's happy but I really wish I could get over her before I become self destructive. I need help please.
This is what happen when one party is more committed then the other; you just get hit on the counterattack and get stabbed in the back. I would recommend you to become more self-sufficient and focus on what you have instead of what you do not have as remember after all you are living a better life than so many others in the world. It is really not worth destroying your own life because of a woman that does not care about you anymore. Good luck.
I know how you feel. I'm still struggling to get over the guy who broke my heart 2 years ago.

He got with another woman very shortly after he sort of ended things with me. The pain is and was real. The worst part is feeling like you're not good enough. Wish I could tell you the answers but sometimes time heals. At least in kind of did with me, but my advice would be to try and remind yourself that they are simply another human being and not worth distressing over. Use this time to discover yourself and fall in love with yourself and your qualities. Discover new hobbies and activities. Find something you're passionate about and put your energy into that.

Good luck 😊
Reply 3
2 things you always need to remember

1. New is always better
2. Best way to get over a girl is to get under another one.

Now just chill. Deal with the emotional roller coaster that happens when this happens to any of us. You'll be alright. Girls always get mad at me cause I can just move on now a days. I know that a girl might hate me today but tomorrow a new girl will be madly in love with me. Experience... lol
Reply 4
In the short term its friends and throwing yourself in hobbies that that helps. In the longer term its new and better love, which does come. I think recovery from being dumped in a significant relationship takes quite a while.
There's nothing you can do to make it easier. There's isn't a secret potion you can take to make yourself feel better. The only way to get over her is time. You need to wait it out. It'll become easier eventually.
Reply 6
I'm going through something similar at the moment, sometimes just having someone to talk to and someone who will listen can help. I've literally been calling my nan and one of my friends daily and they've just listened and told me theres nothing that can be done. Our situations are a bit different though. If you want someone to talk to you can message me and we can help each other through it
Reply 7
Thank you guys for your advice. I already feel embarrassed that I kept calling her and 'bumping' into her. I just decided to pretend it's not real and distract myself with some hobbies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending