The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Experience studying Mathematics undergraduate at Warwick

To people who have studied/ is studying Mathematics at Warwick, how has your learning experience been so far?

Since I am considering studying Mathematics for undergraduate at Warwick, I was just wondering how good or bad is the experience of studying Mathematics in Warwick.
Anything you want to know in particular?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by _gcx
Anything you want to know in particular?

Mainly on the quality of math education given by the lecturers there and whether the University pays enough attention to the undergraduates
Lecturers generally very good. Few that aren't very good but you'll find that everywhere. Warwick is a top maths department internationally and your lecturers will be world-class researchers so they know their stuff. (doesn't always translate to good teaching but often does)

There is a good support structure in place for undergrads. Supervisions in the first two years (optional in term 2 of year 2), example classes and office hours. There is also your personal tutor for pastoral issues.
I've just finished 2nd year and it's been pretty good. Most of the lecturers are great, a few weirdos but that's to be expected in a maths department lol. Lots of module choices too.

Apparently they're getting rid of supervisions because of the virus and budget cuts though.

Quick Reply

Latest