The Student Room Group

Pilot

Hi guys I’ve attached an image of the estimated cost for pilot courses. I can chose modular, in stages or integrated all at once. I don’t know which one to go for because I can start my PPL whilst at college but when I get to the ATPL exams I think I will struggle to get myself motivated to study whereas if I go for the integrated course, I will be taught in a classroom and only do a few hours of independent study rather than hours upon hours by myself. I want to learn how to fly now rather than wait until I have left college but I know I will struggle with distance learning so that is what draws me to that course. Also it will be harder to get on the course if I have a low average percentage on the tests but with integrated they will still take you with a decent average score. Both will be through a Ryanair mentored program so employment won’t be as hard to get even when I am doing it modular. There is not much cost difference either.EA998C79-F41C-45A1-A80C-97A779DD948C.jpg.jpeg
Original post by Tomh0003
Hi guys I’ve attached an image of the estimated cost for pilot courses. I can chose modular, in stages or integrated all at once. I don’t know which one to go for because I can start my PPL whilst at college but when I get to the ATPL exams I think I will struggle to get myself motivated to study whereas if I go for the integrated course, I will be taught in a classroom and only do a few hours of independent study rather than hours upon hours by myself. I want to learn how to fly now rather than wait until I have left college but I know I will struggle with distance learning so that is what draws me to that course. Also it will be harder to get on the course if I have a low average percentage on the tests but with integrated they will still take you with a decent average score. Both will be through a Ryanair mentored program so employment won’t be as hard to get even when I am doing it modular. There is not much cost difference either.EA998C79-F41C-45A1-A80C-97A779DD948C.jpg.jpeg

Hey there :smile:
I've put your thread into the careers forum again :colondollar: Please could you check where your thread is best placed before posting?
I think you've made some really great points in your post here and it sounds like you're making the right decision for you and your best interests.
Sincerely wishing you all the best with this! Very exciting :yy:
Have a fab day,
Cheese :bump:

Quick Reply