The Student Room Group

Chromebook

Hi, would anyone recommend a chromebook for uni? Also if you are currently using one, how has your experience been when using documents on office softwares (word, PowerPoint) ? Has it been possible to use with ease ?
I currently have the Acer Chromebook 14 and it's perfect for me just because it's simple and gets the job done for basic tasks. Chrome OS is also straightforward to use. I prefer using Google Suite compared to Microsoft Office though
Original post by AM_TSR
I currently have the Acer Chromebook 14 and it's perfect for me just because it's simple and gets the job done for basic tasks. Chrome OS is also straightforward to use. I prefer using Google Suite compared to Microsoft Office though

I have the same chromebook and have done for about 4-5 years now - it’s great! It’s starting to show it’s age a bit so I’ve started saving up for a MacBook before I start uni next year so I’d say keep that in mind :smile: other than that it’s a great laptop, does what it needs to do well (streaming (YT, Netflix), documents, browsing for leisure or study) but will never cope with strenuous tasks like gaming. I also agree on the Google apps - much prefer google docs, slides etc instead of the Microsoft Office equivalents
Original post by 1804
Hi, would anyone recommend a chromebook for uni? Also if you are currently using one, how has your experience been when using documents on office softwares (word, PowerPoint) ? Has it been possible to use with ease ?

Chromebook only has 4gb of ram. Not really good for 2020. My 9 year old laptop struggles with 3gb of ram.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending