Original post by saish20
Which university would you choose between the below for Data Science:
University of Glasgow
University of Bath
University of Leeds
University of Sheffield
Cardiff University

Hi @saish20

Glad to hear you're considering Bath for your postgraduate studies!

Bath has excellent postgraduate courses for Data Science and are subsequently some of the most popular postgraduate courses the University offers. Our industry links are very well established and the opportunity to do a placement year is very attractive to a lot of students.
As well as this, each department has its own team (as well as a general University Careers Service) that is dedicated to supporting students in finding a suitable placement, preparing them for application process (CV checks, Mock Interviews, Mock Assessment Centres etc.) and giving any necessary support whilst you’re on your placement.

For more information please see: Placement Info

Although I'm not on the Data Science course, I can confidently say the teaching for my postgraduate course has been fantastic. The lecturers seem very invested in the students, and provide great opportunities to network and advance your career with social events and guest lecturers. There is a lot of independent learning with postgraduate courses but lecturers are regularly available and more than willing to provide you with as much additional support as you need, whether thats in lectures/seminars, over email or organising 1 on 1 meetings.

As for the City itself, Bath is one of the safest and most beautiful cities in the country, with a rich history. Although there isn’t a great deal to do in your downtime here compared to if you were studying in any of your other choices given they are much bigger and busier cities than Bath. However, many students take advantage of the fact that Bristol is just a 15 minute train ride away and offers a lot more to do for students and a better nightlife. I can say I personally love living in Bath and couldn’t think of a nicer place to study!

It’s important to take into account whether you would feel more at home in a big city or not, as you’ll be there for the best part of a year!

Hope this has helped, if you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Ollie
MSc Engineering Business Management

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending