Astokes14a
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am currently in year 12 studying Economics, Sociology and Psychology predicted an A,A*,A and at GCSE I received a grade 9 in English language and a grade 6 in maths would the suffice in terms of allowing me to study economics at your university?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
No; you would need at least A level maths and preferably further maths to study economics at university.
maddiethorp
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Astokes14a)
I am currently in year 12 studying Economics, Sociology and Psychology predicted an A,A*,A and at GCSE I received a grade 9 in English language and a grade 6 in maths would the suffice in terms of allowing me to study economics at your university?
you can study economics BA at Lancaster with a grade 6 in maths gcse
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Astokes14a)
Hi,

At Lancaster University you can study BA Economics without an A-Level in Maths. The BA course compared to the BSc has a greater emphasis on research and analysis based modules compared to the more mathematical modules you would study in the BSc. Any more questions feel free to get in touch!

Finn (3rd Year BA Economics & Politics Student)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (226)
43.21%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (58)
11.09%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (40)
7.65%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (112)
21.41%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (59)
11.28%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (28)
5.35%

Watched Threads