What's wrong with being alone?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I don't mean single, I mean without any company at all. No friends, no relationships and no family. Just complete solitary. I have had a negative experience with people in the past and have had run-ins with the police. My family are good people, but they let me down. The only time I'm truly happy is when I'm alone. I drown my surrows in booze, and regret it the next morning. I'm through with life, and just want to be on my own.

So what's so wrong with that?
username5161072
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Humans are social beings. They need relationships or else, they end up not functioning well. It's why you resort to drinking in order to drown your emotions.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Nothing is wrong with it, I feel exactly the same. I am happier alone because people are too much trouble to contend with. I will die alone but I can accept that.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Because temporary solitude is sometimes nice, and welcomed but prolonged periods of being alone can have a drastic effect on your mental health, and in some cases, physical health as well
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TheStarboy)
Humans are social beings. They need relationships or else, they end up not functioning well. It's why you resort to drinking in order to drown your emotions.
It's the socialness and interacting with people that turns me away from them all. I don't want to be anyway near that environment. It's spiteful, hate filled, gossipy and backstabbing and if your face doesn't fit with a crowd, you're ostracised. I'm done with it. I for one am not a social being.
TaintedLight
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You can't sing "Into the unknowwwwwwn" alone so you need friends in life
ChrisW99
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
In your case I think you may have convinced yourself that being alone is best. Some people genuinely do feel that friends and relationships are not worth the hassle and live their lives in solitude.
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you stay alone, you let that 'wanting to be alone' build on itself. It can form into depression and other mental health issues.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (97)
39.43%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
10.98%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.32%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.17%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.2%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise