The Student Room Group

Sunak taking action to save British firms

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I think Sunak is doing what most other chancellors would do. He will allow the Governmen to bail out firms which are just simply too big to fail.
Original post by Gundabad(good)
We didn't have an Indian Chancellor in the 1970s.

You're whole attitude towards Sunak is solely based on him being of an Indian background and Hindu family (as your profile pic suggests) - very similar of Hindu nationalists in India, whose twisted and obsessive relation to their faith causes them to act in.... questionable ways and honestly, a bit tiring at the moment.
Reply 62
Blame the people who were calling for lockdown.

Sunak is a Cabinet Minister - one of the most senior ones.

He could have ignored the people calling for a lockdown, instead he put it in place and here we are, stuffed.
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
You're whole attitude towards Sunak is solely based on him being of an Indian background and Hindu family (as your profile pic suggests) - very similar of Hindu nationalists in India, whose twisted and obsessive relation to their faith causes them to act in.... questionable ways and honestly, a bit tiring at the moment.

I have some respect for Gove and he's not Indian and Hindu.
Original post by Quady
Sunak is a Cabinet Minister - one of the most senior ones.

He could have ignored the people calling for a lockdown, instead he put it in place and here we are, stuffed.

You do know that Boris Johnson is his boss?
Reply 65
You do know that Boris Johnson is his boss?

Are you saying Sunak is without principles?
Original post by Quady
Are you saying Sunak is without principles?

I'm just saying that he still has people to answer to. He doesn't have complete freedom over what he can do. Unless he wants to end up like Javid.
Reply 67
I'm just saying that he still has people to answer to. He doesn't have complete freedom over what he can do. Unless he wants to end up like Javid.

Javid had principles. Good man.

20200525_162432.jpg

Saw his car in town yesterday.
Reply 68
Coronavirus' impact on the UK economy will be in the hundreds of billions. At least tens of thousands of people will lose their jobs. Would you rather the government take a step back?

Why are you making irrelevant 'arguments'? I said nothing of the sort and you'd do well not to imply otherwise.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending