Why did you join TSR? Why are you still here?

Watch
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
As per the title...

I joined (yes totally stereotypical of TSR) to ask if my GCSE grades were good enough for oxbridge (spoiler: they weren't)

I am now here what 9 years later? Decided to stay for the lovely peeps I've met a long the way and do tell people they're wrong with science

And you guys!?
5hyl33n
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Probably got bored and decided to make an account.
TheStarboy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I wanted to find more about Radiography. Three years later. I’m studying biomedical science and answering questions and giving advice.
lawcalling
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I joined initially to check uni rankings between marginally different RG unis. (:facepalm:) Later on I used tsr to ask for advice on law applications and to keep track of when firms were getting back to people. Made some good friends along the way who I interviewed with! Now enjoying passing my advice on, having benefitted so much from other user’s advice on here.
Last edited by lawcalling; 6 months ago
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I was bored, found TSR, and made an account.
stereotypeasian
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I joined to find people applying to medicine at the only 5 Scottish medical schools
Now I stay for the banter
NA_03
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Whenever I do research for school work etc TSR always came up and I found other people’s advice and help very useful.

So I am very appreciative for those who have helped me along the way (Thank you💛).

The people here are adorable and I enjoy talking to everyone🥰.
Fermion.
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I needed help with physics to get into uni to study Physics :lol: now I study Radiography at uni and answer radiography-related questions here and there and other advice.
jazzyman123
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Joined To Find some GCSE revision material In 2018 and went on rare instances until recently when I’ve been looking at other people’s opinions and views on Going to uni in 2020
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I joined to find out about the universities I was considering going to.
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I needed advice on something university related, I don't remember what, as for why I'm still here, most of the people here are nice, and this isn't really a bad website.
Appirition
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
7 months ago TSR came up in a search for something (can't remember what) so I decided to join and take a look.
If I didn't enjoy being on here and like the people, I wouldn't have stayed, so I guess that's why I'm still here.
username3539714
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Joined because I was **** at GCSE History
Spoiler:
Show
Got a 7 at the end though boyssss get in
Arthur_Morgan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I joined cos I needed some help with something uni related.

I stayed because I'm addicted and too stubborn to go to rehab
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Originally to encourage people who wouldn't traditionally think that Cambridge was 'for them' to apply if they are bright and driven - because it very much is for them. I continue to do this, plus posting a load of crap besides.
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Arthur_Morgan)
I joined cos I needed some help with something uni related.

I stayed because I'm addicted and too stubborn to go to rehab
Rehab for TSR addiction?

I initially joined when doing my GCSEs, then rememberd about this place many years later when I was bored and rejoined.
Arthur_Morgan
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by black tea)
Rehab for TSR addiction?

I initially joined when doing my GCSEs, then rememberd about this place many years later when I was bored and rejoined.
Yes, and I'm not going! You can't make me!! :no: :cry2:
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I am here because I procrastinate on TSR too much not addicted yet I swear :ahee: I joined I think cos all the google searches I did which were study related, led to the same website.
Last edited by Chronoscope; 6 months ago
Rose_symonia
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I joined after hearing about it in a podcast😂
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Dunno

Dunno
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (641)
33.51%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (808)
42.24%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.76%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed