sunnjar
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Does anyone have any info on Brunel's new MBBS? Is it going to start 2021?
mynameisjeff1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
its entry requirements are AAB which is lower than usual for med and it does not need any admission exams which is also unusual but it is just starting as new course...
no starts in sept 2021 so not sure if can apply this yr or next yr - id expect applications to be taken in from sept so then ifrst cohort starts in 2021 sept
Last edited by mynameisjeff1; 1 year ago
Paulington
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Whilst entrance exams aren't a requirement, they can be submitted as evidence. Also £40,000 tuition fees for internationals, oof.

If there are no entrance exam requirements, you can probably bet that it's going to be very highly applied to as people will go for a "yeah, may as well give it a go" shot.

There's plenty of information on their website.
Paranoiaa
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Paulington)
Whilst entrance exams aren't a requirement, they can be submitted as evidence. Also £40,000 tuition fees for internationals, oof.

If there are no entrance exam requirements, you can probably bet that it's going to be very highly applied to as people will go for a "yeah, may as well give it a go" shot.

There's plenty of information on their website.
Wait how much is the tuition fees for UK students? I thought the 40k was for UK people
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by GotAQQuestion)
Wait how much is the tuition fees for UK students? I thought the 40k was for UK people
Our 5-year MBBS is open to students from outside the UK and EU.

https://www.brunel.ac.uk/brunel-medical-school
Paulington
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by GotAQQuestion)
As ecolier said, you cannot enter on the Brunel University London MBBS course as a UK/EU student.

At the earliest opportunity we will be discussing with Health Education England and the Office for Students about offering our medicine degree to students from the UK and EU.
If you are a UK/EU student, you'll have to find another university unfortunately.
sly303
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sunnjar)
Does anyone have any info on Brunel's new MBBS? Is it going to start 2021?
Hello yes our school attended their Virtual Open day - really good!
Yes starts 2021. Scholarships for international students. £30,000 I think (not sure if per year??)
SGTZOUZOU
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi , I am a UK student and wanted to ask do you know when this course will be approved by the Medical Health Council (I think that’s what the board was according to the Brunel Website)
hiuwo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I would also like to know if it is a good course. I am an international student so I am happy that it caters to us.

Otherwise, what is the general opinion about all these newly formed MBBS courses over the past 2 years?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.69%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (28)
16.57%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (27)
15.98%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
14.2%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (45)
26.63%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (32)
18.93%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise