Rd15
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Next week I have my Royal Navy interview, I have been doing a fair bit of research on the fleet air arm and bases I would we working/training from as I am hoping to be an aircraft technician. Although, after completing mock interviews etc I have found that they ask you a lot about what experiences I have had working and leadership skills I have along with examples I am required to give where I have worked as a team. I would have been in my last year of school (year 11) although now I am finished due to corona virus, so I don’t really have a great deal of experience and am struggling on what to give as an example for leadership and work experiences. I have never been employed before. I have participated in sporting although they are more independent sports and doesn’t really require working as a team. (I do work well with others I just don’t have any evidence of this) thanks
Foured2
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
There are many things you could bring up as examples, if you’ve done any volunteering, newspaper round or something like that if you’ve had one.

You need to think beyond just leadership roles and previous work - examples of where you have had to lead something, examples of where you have helped out doing something.
JohnB1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
What about any examples of working as part of a group at school to deliver a project? What was your role in the team? How did you contribute to getting the assignment/presentations/coursework completed?

Think of examples in any hobbies or clubs you belong to - scouts, air/sea cadets, DofE award. All of these are valid experiences. Good luck in the interview
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (56)
17.28%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (92)
28.4%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (121)
37.35%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.58%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.4%

Watched Threads