The Student Room Group

I’m lonely

So guys I am not going to lie, I have been feeling a little lonely because of quarantine because I don’t speak to anyone that often so I’m lookin to make new friends. Potentially long term. Lmk

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey 👋🏽
Here's a hug :hugs:
Reply 3
Original post by CoolCavy
Here's a hug :hugs:

well damn I very much appreciate it. Thanks for comforting me
:console:Aw ! It’s a hard time for us all, things are slowing but surely getting back to ‘normal’ soon so try not to worry about this temporary situation.
Reply 5
How are you doing this fine evening?
Reply 6
Original post by Supernova36
:console:Aw ! It’s a hard time for us all, things are slowing but surely getting back to ‘normal’ soon so try not to worry about this temporary situation.

I know what you mean, I’ve always felt alone ngl like no one to talk too because it’s hard to understand me. But it’s like I like being alone but I’d like to have someone to talk too and plan things with. If you get me....
Reply 7
Hello

Sometimes when we’re alone we feel like this due to the lack of communication, affirmation and just feeling a bit low.

Most important thing is to be content with yourself and appreciate your own company. Once you adopt a regimen of self love and care, you will eventually rely less on others for happiness and you’ll have your own routine, hobbies and interests to occupy your time :smile:

Of course TSR would welcome you with open arms but in terms of the real world, try getting into a routine. For example, I’ve recently been focusing a lot more on skincare, working out and hair care so I look glowing when lockdown is finally over. Things like reading and running also help clear the mind
Reply 8
Original post by Dilsz
Hello

Sometimes when we’re alone we feel like this due to the lack of communication, affirmation and just feeling a bit low.

Most important thing is to be content with yourself and appreciate your own company. Once you adopt a regimen of self love and care, you will eventually rely less on others for happiness and you’ll have your own routine, hobbies and interests to occupy your time :smile:

Of course TSR would welcome you with open arms but in terms of the real world, try getting into a routine. For example, I’ve recently been focusing a lot more on skincare, working out and hair care so I look glowing when lockdown is finally over. Things like reading and running also help clear the mind

I think I’m feeling lonely because of lack of communication and I do have a regime and do a lot through out the day. But it’d always be nice to talk to someone about their day and just yk have that special connection
Reply 9
I’m doing swell, I had burger n chips earlier. It was delicious no lie. Wbu?
same :frown: if you want we can talk
Reply 11
Original post by Vanessa Chuah
same :frown: if you want we can talk

Definitely, the more the merrier.
Reply 12
🤣🤣🤣, thats one way to put it. Are you a student too like me?
Reply 13
Original post by Idk :)
I think I’m feeling lonely because of lack of communication and I do have a regime and do a lot through out the day. But it’d always be nice to talk to someone about their day and just yk have that special connection

If you’re referring to a relationship / best friend scenario that comes with time.

It’s hard to fabricate a scenario and artificially mould something so natural like a genuine connection

Patience and everything great will make its way to you :smile:
Reply 14
The irony ahah, also that’s a very cool job no lie but must be challenging and demanding. However, props to you
Bonne le jour:smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Dell PC
Bonne le jour:smile:

Ciao
Ciao

y e s
Reply 18
Original post by Dell PC
y e s

How are you doing my fine friend

Same man, I don't have anyone to talk to right now and won't until I start working in Sept (if we're even allowed to go to work by then). Super lonely and it makes it difficult to even enjoy doing anything on my own anymore.

Quick Reply

Latest