The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Defer application

Hi guys! Anyone here will defer the application to next year?
Original post by Ericyuen
Hi guys! Anyone here will defer the application to next year?

Hey!

If you would like any assistance with deferring or anything you're interested to ask, let us know!

Prior to starting year I deferred a year so that I could take a year out!

Thanks,

Veronica
Dietetics and Human Nutrition Student
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hey!

If you would like any assistance with deferring or anything you're interested to ask, let us know!

Prior to starting year I deferred a year so that I could take a year out!

Thanks,

Veronica

Hi Veronica! I just asked the school to defer my application to 2021 entry. I want to know when will they give me a new offer letter ? Also, I am afraid my IELTS report will be expired and can I still use it to apply for visa? Thanks answering my enquiries!
Hi Veronica! I just asked the school to defer my application to 2021 entry. I want to know when will they give me a new offer letter ? Also, I am afraid my IELTS report will be expired and can I still use it to apply for visa? Thanks answering my enquiries!

Hey there,

Thank you for your response! I hope you're doing well.

Usually, you will hear back within a few days of letting them know. However, there may or may not be a delay given the current situation as staff are working continuously throughout the outbreak. If you don't hear back, email the Faculty Registry Team to enquire about your course. I can provide you an email for this if you're able to tell me the course you're applying me so that I can direct you to the right contact details.

Involving your IELTS report, can I clarify that this is a certificate? I did speak to someone from the University about this and the response was to retake the exam to update the IELTS in order to apply for a visa.

I hope this helps if you have further questions let me know!

Have a lovely day.

Veronica
Reply 4
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hey there,

Thank you for your response! I hope you're doing well.

Usually, you will hear back within a few days of letting them know. However, there may or may not be a delay given the current situation as staff are working continuously throughout the outbreak. If you don't hear back, email the Faculty Registry Team to enquire about your course. I can provide you an email for this if you're able to tell me the course you're applying me so that I can direct you to the right contact details.

Involving your IELTS report, can I clarify that this is a certificate? I did speak to someone from the University about this and the response was to retake the exam to update the IELTS in order to apply for a visa.

I hope this helps if you have further questions let me know!

Have a lovely day.

Veronica

Hi Veronica! Thanks for the help! Actually I just emailed to the international office team and they said that the new offer letter is currently not available. Once it is ready they will let me know. The course I am applying for is physiotherapy (Bsc). I think the IELTS report is a certificate and my report will be expired next year. Therefore, I am afraid I need to attend a new one.
Hi Veronica! Thanks for the help! Actually I just emailed to the international office team and they said that the new offer letter is currently not available. Once it is ready they will let me know. The course I am applying for is physiotherapy (Bsc). I think the IELTS report is a certificate and my report will be expired next year. Therefore, I am afraid I need to attend a new one.

Hi Ericyuen,

With regards to the IELTS requirement, the IELTS result is valid for two years starting from the date you take the test. Therefore, if you took the test earlier on in the year (2020) it should be valid for your admission requirements in 2021. However if you took the test in 2019 the IELTS system will automatically deactivate the result once it reaches the second year, and you will have to take another test. It may be comforting to know I took mine twice because I had to defer my admission also.

Further, if you have any questions about your course, student life at Coventry university, accommodation etc. there are student ambassadors available to answer your questions.

Theophila Akpenyi-Hilary, LLB Law, Coventry University campus.
Reply 6
Hi I was wondering if you could tell me how the deferring process works for Coventry also do all courses allow you to defer your course and can you defer when you get your results ?
Original post by zoy44
(Original post by zoy44)Hi I was wondering if you could tell me how the deferring process works for Coventry also do all courses allow you to defer your course and can you defer when you get your results ?

Hi @zoy44,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, I do not have any experience to share with you about the process of deferring your entry, however, I believe the university is able to defer your entry even after receiving your results. It's possible all courses allow you to defer but this also depends on the university's policy and procedures around this.
From personal experience, I deferred on my application and this was fine. Other people, I knew at the time of application deferred after receiving their results.
As long as you directly inform your university of your wish to defer, they will sort that out for you and that's it until the next academic comes around.

I hope this helps.

Veronica
Student Ambassador
Hello Veronica Good day I tried to proceed with the link I was sent to defer my application but it was telling me I don’t I don’t have permission to edit the form and I have emailed the admission office but I haven’t gotten any response yet . I would wish to defer my offer to next year intake kindly let me know what to do ThanksKind regards
Original post by Tobi7789
Hello Veronica Good day I tried to proceed with the link I was sent to defer my application but it was telling me I don’t I don’t have permission to edit the form and I have emailed the admission office but I haven’t gotten any response yet . I would wish to defer my offer to next year intake kindly let me know what to do ThanksKind regards

Hi @Tobi7789

I'm sorry to hear about your situation

I strongly advise you to contact and speak to a member of staff as soon as possible.
Phone: +44 (0)2477 652 152. Email: [email protected]

You can also get in touch with the university, please utilise the Livechat feature on the Coventry University website: www.coventry.ac.uk/livechat/
Simply state your name, student ID, course and query. Although the university is unlikely to get back to you immediately, they are aware of your message and will respond as soon as they're able to. It's best to inform them now and find out how the university is able to assist you during this time. If you find that after a few days the university has not responded, try messaging again.

All the best!

Quick Reply