The Student Room Group

Bikini/insta pics

Am I normal?

If you are in a relationship/talking/dating a guy, is it alright for them to like pictures of other girls being either posy or in bikinis?

It probAbly does sound ridiculous but I get incredibly jealous and start doubting my self and how I look when this happens but I also don’t want to be that possessive girlfriend!!!! Is this a normal feeling?
How old are you?

When you're young it's normal to feel that way, but it really isn't healthy to. In my opinion, as long as they're not acting on anything physically (i.e. talking to them, seeing them etc.) then there is nothing wrong with liking another girls images. I'm female and used to feel this way however I began to realise how unhealthy it was and it drove me more insane than just letting him crack on. It's really not worth the headache nor is it worth the arguments.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
How old are you?

When you're young it's normal to feel that way, but it really isn't healthy to. In my opinion, as long as they're not acting on anything physically (i.e. talking to them, seeing them etc.) then there is nothing wrong with liking another girls images. I'm female and used to feel this way however I began to realise how unhealthy it was and it drove me more insane than just letting him crack on. It's really not worth the headache nor is it worth the arguments.

early 20's but never had a relationship as such, so I'm new to this. Like I feel really petty and stupid to feel that way, but I've had guys mess me around in the past, so it just heightens my insecurities I guess
I'm in my early 20s too. I think what helps me is I have the mentality of 'if they're going to cheat, they just will' - it doesn't matter if you're the best person in the world or you give them everything, a cheater will always find a way of cheating and it doesn't matter who they hurt. If they are seeing other people, don't take it personally and just know you're better than that. Liking a picture is nothing in the real world really, don't hold the guy to a double standard because I'm sure you probably like images of other guys (whether they're your friends or not is irrelevant)
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I'm in my early 20s too. I think what helps me is I have the mentality of 'if they're going to cheat, they just will' - it doesn't matter if you're the best person in the world or you give them everything, a cheater will always find a way of cheating and it doesn't matter who they hurt. If they are seeing other people, don't take it personally and just know you're better than that. Liking a picture is nothing in the real world really, don't hold the guy to a double standard because I'm sure you probably like images of other guys (whether they're your friends or not is irrelevant)

Yep I know in reality it means nothing and like you say I do like other pics of guys and think nothing of it. I think my main concern is the person had a reputation for sleeping around (and I know you can't change a person and he says he has moved past that stage of his life) and I'm pretty certain he's liking pics of girls he's slept with before, so in part that makes it worse, but it's not something I can bring up and I don't want to act psycho.

I appreciate everything you've said, the advice means a lot <3

Quick Reply

Latest