The Student Room Group

Religious studies revision

What is the most sufficient way to revise for religious studies as a whole, i know I have to do essay plans but first I need a good technique towards revising the content.
Original post by aji2019
What is the most sufficient way to revise for religious studies as a whole, i know I have to do essay plans but first I need a good technique towards revising the content.

Hello, can you tell me if you are talking about GCSEs or A-levels. I like to use this method called blurting, where you pick a small topic from the subject and understand it, and then you close your book and write down everything you remember. after that you can check if you missed anything and repeat this till you get everything right. Flashcards, Mindmaps, websites like seneca might help.
Reply 2
Original post by Cupcakehugs
Hello, can you tell me if you are talking about GCSEs or A-levels. I like to use this method called blurting, where you pick a small topic from the subject and understand it, and then you close your book and write down everything you remember. after that you can check if you missed anything and repeat this till you get everything right. Flashcards, Mindmaps, websites like seneca might help.

Thank you !! I’m currently doing A levels (I’m in year 12 but have mocks soon) I do use this method but I mean content wise I usually tend to do notes but they don’t help me out long term wise so I’ve started to do mindmaps but they stress me out😂
Reply 3
For A level RE i started doing these notes that were kind of like half notes half mind map and i liked that method especially for christianity but philosophy/ethics too.

Like i would write on A4 plain paper and write out notes but they were more condensed than like class notes and i would highlight them and whatnot. And basically staple them together for each topic, so i had like a little book for each topic. And then when i would come back to revising it i would basically read from them and then repeat it in my head/write it down until i knew it. And then like repeat/write down the whole page when i got to the end if i really wanted to learn it properly and make sure i remembered it.
Reply 4
Thank you so much !! I think I’m going to do the same, I feel a bit annoyed doing notes because teachers always say that it doesn’t help but I think for me personally it helps when I write it out but not when I read through it so when I’m revising it stays in my head but in a months time once I come back to it I’ve forgotten everything and can’t remember by just reading it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending