The Student Room Group

How old were you when you moved out from home?

I’m getting older now and should start to consider moving out. But I have this attachment to my family where I just can’t leave them for some reason. What age were you when you moved out?
Original post by Jones448
I’m getting older now and should start to consider moving out. But I have this attachment to my family where I just can’t leave them for some reason. What age were you when you moved out?

Dont feel pressured to move out. Just because most British people move out does not mean that you do. Most Asians still stay with their parents when they get married so I dont see why not.
How old are you?
If you are able to live independently, happy living with your parents and your family are happy for you to continue- that's fine. :smile:
If you are working full time, you'll probably be able to put away a reasonable amount in savings.
Either for a property deposit, cheap buy to let property in need of renovations or to invest in a business/gold.

I escaped at 18 before a level results were out and will never go back.
My best friend was born in India, she stopped living with her parents when she moved into student accommodation for uni.
Her parents bought houses for her & her brothers as teenagers, paid their bills as students and gave them all generous allowances.
Reply 3
Original post by Jones448

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending