The Student Room Group

Is this normal for a 20 year old female?

So I’m approximately 5ft 9inch, weigh 10 and a half stone and my measurements are waist 28 inch, hips 35 inches, bust size 34 inches. Is this normal? I am worried because I feel as if I am disproportionate as I carry more weight in my stomach and have really skinny legs and small boobs.
Original post by Xarao
Who cares? Grow up.

Was that comment necessary? If that’s all you had to say why even comment?
Reply 2
Original post by Jones448
Was that comment necessary? If that’s all you had to say why even comment?

Yeah, your comment adds so much more value.
Original post by Anonymous
So I’m approximately 5ft 9inch, weigh 10 and a half stone and my measurements are waist 28 inch, hips 35 inches, bust size 34 inches. Is this normal? I am worried because I feel as if I am disproportionate as I carry more weight in my stomach and have really skinny legs and small boobs.

That is normal. Your waist is smaller than your chest and legs you’re fine. Either way. Just be happy with who you are 😊
Original post by Xarao
Yeah, your comment adds so much more value.

At least I’m being a decent person. No need for comments like that
Reply 5
At least I’m being a decent person. No need for comments like that

And has being decent gotten you far in life?
Original post by Xarao

I’m not a pushover. I know how to stand my ground but when it comes to just being a nice person to someone who hasn’t done anything to you. Um YEAH
Reply 7
I’m not a pushover. I know how to stand my ground but when it comes to just being a nice person to someone who hasn’t done anything to you. Um YEAH

That's great, I'm glad.
Reply 8
Original post by Xarao

That is normal. Your waist is smaller than your chest and legs you’re fine. Either way. Just be happy with who you are 😊

Thank you you’re so kind :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Xarao
That's great, I'm glad.

Thanks xarao for your insight. I think we should be friends :smile:
Reply 10
Thanks xarao for your insight. I think we should be friends :smile:

Of course we can. Let's add Jones to this group as well.
Yes, it's normal. :smile:
Your bmi is healthy according to the nhs calculator at https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-weight/bmi-calculator/

Are you healthy, eating a balanced diet and content with your physical appearance?
If you want to alter your figure there are online workouts that you can do to gain curves, abs, tone, get rid of stomach or underarm fat.
Lots of squats and above 5kg bell weight workouts are good for producing a curvy figure; smaller hips and fuller thighs.

There isn't anything not normal in everything that you mentioned! Remember our body undergoes changes right until we die, you still are just 20!! Never doubt yourself..:smile:
Reply 13

You are fine. Yes, of course this is normal. When you are out in the street, when things get back to normal, have a look at the women walking towards you. There will be some who are 5 ft 1, some who are 5ft 11, some will weigh 8 stone, some 10, some 12, some will have 34 inch busts, some 36, 38, 40 etc

All normal.

Please don't ask yourself questions about being proportionate, I have never looked at another woman and wondered whether she was proportionate. I never look at myself and ask myself whether I am proportionate; if my clothes fit, if I feel healthy and happy, that's all I need.

I feel that it's really important for women to know and to say to each other that we are all normal.

I have long legs, am short-waisted, I have narrow shoulders, I've put on some weight recently. Doesn't matter, still normal.

In your case, you have a little bit of weight on your tummy, skinny legs and a small bust.

All totally normal.

I promise you, if you are ever mentioned by people who know you, not a single person is going to mention your skinny legs, small bust or fuller tummy.

They will say that you are fun and kind and clever.

The next time you are tempted to look in the mirror and dwell on your legs etc, tell yourself - I'm normal like everyone else. I'm also good fun, kind and clever. And then walk away from the mirror and do something you love.
(edited 3 years ago)

Hey you cant judge yourself so negatively , Yes its absolutely normal to have such weight in your age . Just stay positive and workout you will lose some weight and then you feel positive about yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest