Should I report guy from years ago for having sex with me when I was 13

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Need advice I'm 17 now but when I was 13 I had sex with this guy who was 21 I said yes because I felt pressured when I really didn't want to even though it was years ago. I would feel bad because he is very successful in life now but can't shake it out my head, advice?
Anonymous #2
Report 7 months ago
You should; just because he is successful does not mean that he is entitled to escape conviction.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
How likely do you think it is that he's still noncing on 13 year olds?
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Need advice I'm 17 now but when I was 13 I had sex with this guy who was 21 I said yes because I felt pressured when I really didn't want to even though it was years ago. I would feel bad because he is very successful in life now but can't shake it out my head, advice?
Any proof?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by ROTL94)
How likely do you think it is that he's still noncing on 13 year olds?
I don't know apart from he has a fiance now around the same age
Mo.Hamid
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
You should report him. He’s a pedophile and took advantage of you. Doesn’t matter how successful he is
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I don't know apart from he has a fiance now around the same age
Ok, well, I think you should report him, but the number of convictions for rape reached a ten year low last year, but I still think it's worth seeing if the CPS think you have a case. The monster needs to pay for what he has done.
lol.yolo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Nonce move. If you want to report him, you should, just be aware cases like these are complex. Its difficult to prove and CPS may decide not to prosecute.
Spad
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
In all honestly without evidence this will be unlikely to be taken to prosecution by the CPS.
Anonymous #3
Report 7 months ago
If he does it again though it could mean he is then known to the police (if you report him) or if others came forward there more likely to be a case. Hope you can get some peace of mind soon.
MalcolmX
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
get the noncehunters on the case
uberteknik
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Get in touch with the child helpline (0800 1111 https://childline.org.uk). They will listen to you and offer support and counselling.

After taking professional advice, you could make a formal accusation to the police which would likely open an investigation into this person if the accusation can be substantiated. The police may obtain a warrant to seize his mobile/computer devices and his records will be searched looking for evidence to possibly open a charge.

Thing is, he may not have told his fiancé and will have some explaining to do.

It's not your problem to protect his fiancé and you should not let that persuade you to desist.

Also consider that he may well have groomed others or may still be doing it.

Do seek professional help though. Best wishes.
username5027880
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I think the biggest problem, is that you have left it four years.
But if you feel you want to go ahead and report the guy, then do so.
username3539714
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I think you should report him
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
You should report but the chance of it going anywhere is near zero so your best hope is that it helps someone else.
NA_03
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Becuz u agreed to have sex, there’s nuttin u can do 🤷🏻*♀️
uberteknik
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by NA_03)
Becuz u agreed to have sex, there’s nuttin u can do 🤷🏻*♀️
Tosh. OP was 13 at the time. The guy was 21.

That is statutory rape.

That the minor agreed to have sex is not a defence for the adult as he will be deemed to have groomed her by merely asking her for sex.

OP did not agree to something she did not ask for = statutory rape.
OP agreeing to sex = he must have asked her = grooming + statutory rape.

QED.
Last edited by uberteknik; 7 months ago
NA_03
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by uberteknik)
Tosh. OP was 13 at the time. The guy was 21.

That is statutory rape.

That the minor agreed to have sex is not a defence for the adult as he will be deemed to have groomed her by merely asking her for sex.
True say ✅

OP what’s makes u want to come out now?
Celtic Conjurer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
By all means report him if you want to but unless you have proof it happened then chances are no action will be taken against him at all.
uberteknik
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by WoodlandSorcerer)
By all means report him if you want to but unless you have proof it happened then chances are no action will be taken against him at all.
Not true. The Child Social Care services will check. Excerpt from on-line social services procedural documentation:

Young People Aged 13, 14 And 15

Sexual activity with a young person under the age of 16 remains a criminal offence.

Child/Young Person Under The Age Of 16 And Partner Over 16 Years:

Particular attention should be given to the age and identity of the older partner. As a guide, the greater the age difference between partners the higher the concern will be.

Practitioners will carefully consider a referral to Children's Social Care in these situations.

For all other cases involving 13 - 15 year olds where a referral has been made, Children's Social Care will check if relevant information, including intelligence, is held by the Police.

Where no information is held by the Police, Children's Social Care will make a decision, based on all available information, whether a referral to the Police is necessary. In this area health practitioners should be seen as particularly useful when making judgements.

Any decision whether or not to refer to the Police should be made by a team manager and the reasons for this fully recorded.

Where the Police indicate that relevant information is held by them, the duty social worker will discuss the nature of this information with the Child Abuse Investigation Unit (CAIU) and agree the next steps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (198)
57.56%
I don't have everything I need (146)
42.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed