The Student Room Group

Student finance (child of a migrant worker)

I applied for student finance as the child of a migrant worker. I provided all information that I was asked for, to qualify for student maintenance loan, but according to student finance; "we can't confirm that you're working at an acceptable level in the UK at the moment and during your studies as you informed us that you were unable to provide the evidence we require due to Covid-19." I never stated anything about being unable to provide any information due to COVID-19. Furthermore, both of my siblings applied for student finance using the same evidence that I had and both of them got it. What should I do?
Original post by Theking997
I applied for student finance as the child of a migrant worker. I provided all information that I was asked for, to qualify for student maintenance loan, but according to student finance; "we can't confirm that you're working at an acceptable level in the UK at the moment and during your studies as you informed us that you were unable to provide the evidence we require due to Covid-19." I never stated anything about being unable to provide any information due to COVID-19. Furthermore, both of my siblings applied for student finance using the same evidence that I had and both of them got it. What should I do?

Hi there, the evidence you provided does not show that the Migrant worker is working enough. You should send further payslips to show they are working at an acceptable level and our assessors will review this again.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending