quack1122
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Can someone tell me the difference between stratified and quota sampling please! ASAP!
Becca216
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
They are quite similar and can easily be muddled up but this extract from a website might help you (It is taken from about half way down the weblink):
"The main difference between stratified sampling and quota sampling is that stratified sampling would select the students using a probability sampling method such as simple random sampling or systematic sampling. In quota sampling, no such technique is used"
-https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/edu/power-pouvoir/ch13/nonprob/5214898-eng.htm
quack1122
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by Becca216)
They are quite similar and can easily be muddled up but this extract from a website might help you (It is taken from about half way down the weblink):
"The main difference between stratified sampling and quota sampling is that stratified sampling would select the students using a probability sampling method such as simple random sampling or systematic sampling. In quota sampling, no such technique is used"
-https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/edu/power-pouvoir/ch13/nonprob/5214898-eng.htm
@Becca216 -Thank you so much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (18)
8.74%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (125)
60.68%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (30)
14.56%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (29)
14.08%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (4)
1.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise