Suniya.m05
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi! I’m a year 12 student homeschooling a levels in biology, chemistry and psychology. I am seriously considering retaking the year as I’ve had a tough year and I’m ridiculously behind due to many personal reasons. I’m thinking of pursuing biomedical science at a London university hopefully. Does anyone know if I would be accepted with a levels taken over 3 years instead of 2?
At GCSE, I got 9,9,8,8,7,6,6,6,6
At A-Level my predicted is AAA and I really want to do well and meet this target.
Any help will be much appreciated.
Last edited by Suniya.m05; 4 months ago
SoDarkSoCold
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Unless you're applying to medicine, unis don't really care about how long you take to do the course. If you get good grades then you'll be okay. Also, your GCSE grades are really good, especially given the fact that you were homeschooled.

Just make sure that you're able to get the practical endoresment for biology and chemistry. Without those universities are much less likely to accept you on a science related course.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Suniya.m05)
Hi! I’m a year 12 student homeschooling a levels in biology, chemistry and psychology. I am seriously considering retaking the year as I’ve had a tough year and I’m ridiculously behind due to many personal reasons. I’m thinking of pursuing biomedical science at a London university hopefully. Does anyone know if I would be accepted with a levels taken over 3 years instead of 2?
At GCSE, I got 9,9,8,8,7,6,6,6,6
At A-Level my predicted is AAA and I really want to do well and meet this target.
Any help will be much appreciated.
I think at lease 1 of the London universities insist on the subjects being taken in 2 years. Check each university's entrance requirements.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.53%
I'm not sure (51)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.41%
I have already dropped out (33)
2.94%
I'm not a current university student (545)
48.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed