The Student Room Group

Why wont my boyfriend get hard?

I have been with my boyfriend for over a year and we've wanted to have sex for a few months now but every time we try, he goes soft. Whenever we do other activities (hj, bj) it's fine and he gets hard but when we want to have sex, he goes soft (we are both virgins). He's quite embarrassed and says it knocks his confidence (obviously i reassure him) but I love him and want to share this experience with him but I can't. Any advice?

Scroll to see replies

Hi,

It's clearly a psychological problem he has. What I mean is there's nothing physically wrong with him as you say there's no problem with other, non-penetrative sexual activities. It's difficult to say what that could be, but could be anything from fear of disease or pregnancy... to not living up to your expectations... or even just a fear of doing it (loss of innocence).

How old are you? If you're both over 18 (and no religious commitments) , you could try having a few drinks first to relax you both (don't get drunk though, just enough so you're relaxed). Alternatively, do something you both like doing during the day first.
He's probably nervous
Agreed - it's probably feeling nervous about his first time. Try to make him feel comfortable.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
He's probably nervous

Original post by Old Skool Freak
Hi,

It's clearly a psychological problem he has. What I mean is there's nothing physically wrong with him as you say there's no problem with other, non-penetrative sexual activities. It's difficult to say what that could be, but could be anything from fear of disease or pregnancy... to not living up to your expectations... or even just a fear of doing it (loss of innocence).

How old are you? If you're both over 18 (and no religious commitments) , you could try having a few drinks first to relax you both (don't get drunk though, just enough so you're relaxed). Alternatively, do something you both like doing during the day first.

Thanks for the advice, i was wondering if he was nervous but i asked him and as ar as he,s consciously concerned he's not nervous. I might try some drinks but we still live with our parents and his are quite against drinking. Still, i very much appreciate your advice :smile:
Thanks for the advice, i was wondering if he was nervous but i asked him and as ar as he,s consciously concerned he's not nervous. I might try some drinks but we still live with our parents and his are quite against drinking. Still, i very much appreciate your advice :smile:

No problem :smile:
Performance anxiety perhaps?
He doesn't find you attractive enough?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by ChrisW99
He doesn't find you attractive enough.

thanks mate really ****ing helpful
Reply 9
Original post by ChrisW99
He doesn't find you attractive enough.

its quite frustrating that u said that as i have thought that many times and the fact u are just willing to make someone hate themselves more 'just because' is really ****ty and u should think through ur actions and why u want to bring people down
Original post by Arthur_Morgan
Performance anxiety perhaps?

maybe, it's both our first times so i'm not sure but he is very good at other sexual things and he is very well endowed so i'm not sure why he would be anxious
He's nervous and he's fronting.

Maybe be more spontaneous, rather than planning it and letting him overthink it?

Otherwise, tequila.
Original post by Kandiman
He's nervous and he's fronting.

Maybe be more spontaneous, rather than planning it and letting him overthink it?

Otherwise, tequila.

Original post by Lilli22
Agreed - it's probably feeling nervous about his first time. Try to make him feel comfortable.

do you have any advice on how to ease his nerves?
Do you treat him fairly on a daily basis?
do you have any advice on how to ease his nerves?

Like I said, be spontaneous. Nerves are caused by overthinking negative outcomes.

Put on a movie, have a few drinks and jump him halfway through after a little innocuous touching :wink:
Reply 15
he's probably nervous. or gay.
Original post by Kandiman
Like I said, be spontaneous. Nerves are caused by overthinking negative outcomes.

Put on a movie, have a few drinks and jump him halfway through after a little innocuous touching :wink:

thank youuuu
Original post by Ciel.
he's probably nervous. or gay.

oh hes very gay - but he doesnt like guys
I have been with my boyfriend for over a year and we've wanted to have sex for a few months now but every time we try, he goes soft. Whenever we do other activities (hj, bj) it's fine and he gets hard but when we want to have sex, he goes soft (we are both virgins). He's quite embarrassed and says it knocks his confidence (obviously i reassure him) but I love him and want to share this experience with him but I can't. Any advice?

Do you know if he was abused as a child ask him about stuff bring everything into the open
Do you treat him fairly on a daily basis?

yeah i do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending