The Student Room Group

Conditional offer but no response from slc

Hello I was hoping someone will help. I have a conditional offer for a postgraduate program and they want a reply in ten day’s time . I’m reluctant to sign the form as I’ve applied to student loan and they haven’t said anything in return or picked their calls. I need to make sure I’ll be getting the loan otherwise I’ll be unable to carry on with the course and the offer expires soon. I’d appreciate a response as I’m getting quite worried.
Original post by Petal33
Hello I was hoping someone will help. I have a conditional offer for a postgraduate program and they want a reply in ten day’s time . I’m reluctant to sign the form as I’ve applied to student loan and they haven’t said anything in return or picked their calls. I need to make sure I’ll be getting the loan otherwise I’ll be unable to carry on with the course and the offer expires soon. I’d appreciate a response as I’m getting quite worried.

Standard postgraduate loan applications for 2020/21 aren’t open yet and won’t be until July.

Accepting a conditional offer doesn’t usually require you to enrol or pay a non refundable deposit. You can withdraw from an application at any point up to enrolment.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Standard postgraduate loan applications for 2020/21 aren’t open yet and won’t be until July.

Accepting a conditional offer doesn’t usually require you to enrol or pay a non refundable deposit. You can withdraw from an application at any point up to enrolment.

Thanks for the response.

It’s a distance learning Msc starting 15th June. If the postgrad loans start processing in July , it means The course will start before the postgraduate Loans begin to be processed. I’m wary of being liable for the fees if student loans don’t come through at all. I was just hoping to get a confirmation from them before I start Studying and they aren’t picking the phone.
Original post by Petal33
Thanks for the response.

It’s a distance learning Msc starting 15th June. If the postgrad loans start processing in July , it means The course will start before the postgraduate Loans begin to be processed. I’m wary of being liable for the fees if student loans don’t come through at all. I was just hoping to get a confirmation from them before I start Studying and they aren’t picking the phone.

Applications for the current academic year are open now.
They’re prioritising applications for this year at the moment so if you have applied and sent off all your evidence then I’m sure they’ll be processed as soon as possible. They can’t process your application over the phone - they can only confirm that it has been received.
Read the small print on the enrolment agreement for the distance learning course. Generally distance selling rules apply and you’ll have a period of time that you can cancel with no charges
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
Read the small print on the enrolment agreement for the distance learning course. Generally distance selling rules apply and you’ll have a period of time that you can cancel with no charges

Perfect Thank you . I’ll check the terms and conditions before i sign.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending