The Student Room Group

Should I take A Level Maths?

I want to go into investment banking and I'm not sure if I should take Maths for A Levels because I'm so bad at it. But all the degrees that are good for investment banking require Maths at A Level. I got a 4 for Maths in my GCSE mocks and I was hoping to work hard enough to get a 7 in my actual GCSEs but that won't be happening now as exams are cancelled. Should I take A Level Maths or would it be too hard for me?
I'm sorry but you probably shouldn't take it- if you just passed your mocks at gcse you're going to find it really hard at a level and not do that well- I know people who got A*s at gcse maths and got an E at a level.Why do you want to get into investment banking if you don't like maths? What other a levels are you doing? :smile:
Are you sure investment banking degree is for you?
Original post by username5076486
I want to go into investment banking and I'm not sure if I should take Maths for A Levels because I'm so bad at it. But all the degrees that are good for investment banking require Maths at A Level. I got a 4 for Maths in my GCSE mocks and I was hoping to work hard enough to get a 7 in my actual GCSEs but that won't be happening now as exams are cancelled. Should I take A Level Maths or would it be too hard for me?

Don't you need a grade 6 or 7 to take A level?

I think you will struggle at A level - do a GCSE paper tomorrow and see what you get.

Quick Reply