I think I may have an eating disorder?

Watch
username5298598
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
So- yeah. It’s all in the title. And here’s why I think this. I go through phases between binge eating for days on end and then go through phases of restricting my caloric intake and exercising excessively. I have tried to make myself purge to make myself “skinny” but have never managed to do it but have done extensive research into laxatives and other ways to get rid of “excess” calories. I find myself constantly looking at pro anorexia sites and thinsporation. I crave to be skinny. However, I am counted to be overweight in terms of BMI. I really don’t know what to do about it. I fit some criteria for Anorexia, some for Binge Eating Disorder and I also have Rumination Disorder. Could it be EDNOS? Should I speak to a doctor? I have mentioned it all to my counsellor but she puts it down to my mum always berating me for my physical appearance. Any advice? Are any of y’all going through similar?
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Speak to your GP. This isn't uncommon as a behaviour pattern amongst individuals with disordered eating/eating disorders.

I'm diagnosed with AN (restrictive), but have had periods of purging (including purging water because of anxiety and stuff, I was really unwell mentally at this time).

Seek help. You don't have to deal with this alone.
username5298598
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Pathway)
Speak to your GP. This isn't uncommon as a behaviour pattern amongst individuals with disordered eating/eating disorders.

I'm diagnosed with AN (restrictive), but have had periods of purging (including purging water because of anxiety and stuff, I was really unwell mentally at this time).

Seek help. You don't have to deal with this alone.
Thank you for sharing, and for your advice. I am sorry to hear what you are going through.
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by DawnRises10)
Thank you for sharing, and for your advice. I am sorry to hear what you are going through.
I'm sorry to hear of your struggles too.

I don't mind supporting you in seeking help btw. So feel free to drop me a message or quote me here. EDs are awful to go through. :hugs:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (188)
38.6%
Take autumn exams (149)
30.6%
Look for a job (17)
3.49%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.31%
Take a year out (84)
17.25%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (28)
5.75%

Watched Threads